Mel Gibson's Church -- Shutting Down Mass Services

12/9/2010 2:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's mega church is putting the brakes on all congregational services because of a picture that was taken on church grounds this weekend and then passed on to TMZ.

0910_media_removed_H#D2D7F0
Sources connected with the church tell us ... Gibson was "extremely concerned about the invasion of privacy." One source adds, "He is not just concerned that photos of his daughter were taken at the church, he is concerned for the privacy of his parishioners."

Members of the Holy Family Chapel in Agoura, CA received an email notice from church honchos yesterday which read, "There will be no Masses here at Holy Family Chapel until further notice."

Our sources tell us, however, that limited services will continue to be provided. In fact, a service was conducted yesterday -- the Holy Day of Obligation  -- for long term parishioners.

Curious

And I have no idea what's going on with my chocolate chip cookies this year. Every dang one of them looks like a five year old's experiment in topography gone horribly wrong.

They taste good, though, so I'm going to ignore hubby's suggestion about painting in rivers and verdant valleys.
(Smart arse that he is.)

Midwesterner

ROL said the hearing would last all day today, and they have zilch up about it now. Nothing anywhere on the Internet that I can find.

Frieda

@Sam Dunno! I thought it was earlier than this but this is the date Harvey gave on TMZlive at one point (if I remember).

Belinda

Hi Belinda...

What about Eric George?

Posted at 11:06 AM on Dec 15, 2010 by Genna
________________________________________________________

Last time they told us who was subpoenaed and waiting in the hallway.

I'm sure the press was there anyway, hummm!

I caved and went to see on ROL and there's nothing new there either.

This is very suspicious.

Curious

Sam -

I'm pretty sure we have the date right. ROL has a story, it's usual "exclusive", about today. Someone posted it earlier.

We may have to wait until it's over. Or, scary thought, a complete media lock-down has been ordered.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Posted at 11:14 AM on Dec 15, 2010 by Curious

Ok. THAT"S the way mine look :) If you bite into one and it threatens to break teeth: that's the way mine are. Although the taste, if one can get past the rocklike part, is good enough.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Well, maybe the docket was so full they pushed Mel back to a later hour? How many times in a day are doled out anyway? Here we get early morning and afternoon, right after lunch. And everyone WAITS inbetween for their name to come up. Sucks.

Curious

Posted at 11:17 AM on Dec 15, 2010 by Sam
-------------------------------------------------

LOL!

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

yeah, yuck it up.

Belinda

Oh Sam ...

You sound like someone that could build an extention on a house, but has trouble with her baking cookies. He he he.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Belinda: that's me.

I'm just this weird complex box of assorted skills. Just the way it all happened. You'd think I look like a big strong gorilla, but I don't, honest. :)

Midwesterner

I have to get to work. I will check in again in a few hours. Hope there is some good news.

Curious

Sam -

You ever hear that old addage "Measure twice and cut once"? I wish I had before I got the brilliant idea of cutting down a leg on an side table to even it out.

Yeah - ended up putting it in the storage room as a boot shelf. And the damn thing is still uneven!

Belinda

Belinda: that's me.

Posted at 11:26 AM on Dec 15, 2010 by Sam
__________________________________________________

Maybe you would feel more comfortable trying to make your cookies using power tools. I can just see you in you kitchen, all petit in high heels, with a utility belt holding you wooden spoons etc. Maybe you can try using that attachment on a drill for mixing cement for mixing the dough.

Just kidding ... you know I like you.

Genna

(Smart arse that he is.)

Posted at 11:14 AM on Dec 15, 2010 by Curious

------------------------------

LOL! That was so cute!

Previous 15 Comments | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments