Neverland Ranch -- A Teen Haven for Music

12/18/2010 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The owners of the Neverland Ranch -- the former home of Michael Jackson -- want to turn the property into a teenage music haven.

0910_media_removed_Mel_Gibson
TMZ has learned Colony Capital wants to develop a business plan to turn Neverland into a small music institute -- similar to The Juilliard  School in NYC.  The plan is to teach teens all aspects of music, including writing and performing.

Colony wants to turn the property into a campus, in which scores of teenagers -- rich and poor -- can learn the trade that made Michael Jackson a legend.

There are two big stumbling blocks.  The first is making sure Santa Barbara County will sign off on such a project.

The second -- and bigger issue -- is whether Colony Capital can use Michael Jackson's name to promote such an institute.  TMZ has good news for Colony .... sources directly connected with the Michael Jackson Estate tell us, "It's an interesting idea and we'd be open to it."

Tellit

sofi

Somehow I feel the property should completely return into Michael's heritage. But that's probably not more than wishful thinking.

Posted at 1:14 PM on Dec 18, 2010 by moni

Moni,i feel the same way.

mymjj5

The second -- and bigger issue -- is whether Colony Capital can use Michael Jackson's name to promote such an institute. TMZ has good news for Colony .... sources directly connected with the Michael Jackson Estate tell us, "It's an interesting idea and we'd be open to it."
________________________________________________________________
Neverland should have been burned to the ground after the 2005 fiasco. MJ is not here to oversee anything regarding his legend. If his family is not involved (can't wait for the mainstream hate) the program is worthless!!!!!!

Cathy

Michael Jackson's death in 2008 was completely unreal. He died in 2009.
Posted at 1:19 PM on Dec 18, 2010 by moni
__________________________________________________

ROTFL! Too true! Moni, I respect you so much and the way you couch your opinions. Even when they don't agree with mine. Which frankly, isn't too often. :)

mymjj5

This is just another way for outsiders to make money off of Michael while the internals and haters blame the Jacksons.......

Tellit

Phantom of the Opera

Wow Tellit, Andrea Bocelli, beautiful !
Thank you.

en Todo Momento!!

yeah, and they should build a skate ramp right through the middle of the ever famous clock, because we all know that the boys already know what time it is......lol!!! haaaa haaa!!

moni

Hi Cathy,
thank's a lot :-) I appreciate your nice words, the more as I'm so much on the same page with you. You're a real fan, but open-minded enough to see some sad truth(s) as well. Love your posts!

And hi, sofi.

Unwell

MJ was a stud
Unlike I have ever seen
seeing him with women mad me mad
that is why I am here

please lord let me find my soulmate
and let him be as good looking as MJ.

Linda

I think they should make it into a graceland so his fans could tour the house. Then after a couple of years turn it into the school.

Michelle

Some people that are commenting on here are sooo freakin' immature. They need to shut up! But I think it would be a good idea to turn his house into a music school. But then again I think they should just leave Neverland they way it is. I mean, they left Graceland the way it is. Why can't they do the same to Neverland??? What's the difference? I mean, I rather ppl leave it the way it is so that Neverland can be open to the public for ppl 2 c the King of Pop's house? Just like it is w/Graceland? Why turn it into a school? That's soo unnecessary.

moni

Posted at 2:14 PM on Dec 18, 2010 by mymjj5

-------------------------

Hi mymjj5,
this time I have to disagree... I guess if Michael had considered it a good idea to burn Neverland down he could have ordered the fire/the bulldozers himself, or, less dramatically spoken, he could have sold the property and basta. But he didn’t. Deep down in his mind he probably wanted to keep a key to the gate, in order to MAYBE, just MAYBE open it again some time, for him, or for his children.

As for the family: I’m far away from being a Jacksons-hater, just the opposite. But frankly, not all of their plans and activities around Michael’s legacy had and have the charm and the dignity of a “Michael Jackson School of Music” (IF this is going to happen).

We don’t know whether the most favourite poet of my country, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, would have appreciated the perspective of “Goethe Institutes” around the world in which German culture and German language is imparted (hope I can say so...). We don’t know either whether Mozart would have liked his “Magic Flute” being staged in a hyper-modern fashion, e.g. with the three boys wearing strange antennas on their heads and looking like glittery aliens. Things like that happen and are most likely the unavoidable posthumous fate of real great artists. As long as there’s dignity behind I’m fine with it. I can see that dignity in the case of a music school at Neverland. I can NOT see it in Katherine’s business partner Howard Mann’s cheap and shady sell-out of Michael’s name and legacy.