Woman Jumps Off 23-Story Building ... and Lives!

1/24/2011 4:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A woman jumped off the 23rd floor of a Buenos Aires hotel today, landed on top of a taxi cab ... and survived.

0124_woman_fall_bn
According to the AP, the 30-year-old woman landed in a sitting position, was rushed to a nearby hospital and is being operated on for internal bleeding, broken hips and ribs.

The woman fell nearly 330 feet.

Horndog

I heard that Katherine Jackson is planning to ship Jermaine's kids off to South America. Wonder how the locals will react to that.

JLS

Sad picture. Isn't this what every human wants? You try and end your life and your dying hulk is photographed for all to comment on. The paradox is this woman is probably worth more as a human than 98% of what is posting on TMZ.

I've come to realize what is posting here along with me. It's grim.

KOOL GR33N

Trinity?

BEE

SHOULD HAVE CALLED T.I. B4 SHE JUMPED.

VALERIE

LUCKY SHE CAUGHT A RIDE ON THE CABE!

Melisa

Holy ****, I'm from Argentina, I can't believe this made it on TMZ! although if "teen mum Jenelle, smoking pump and smoking" made it, I don't see why not......

Zippy T. Pinhead

She should be charged with malicious destruction of private property.

A BiPolar Guy

I'm bipolar - even with antidepressants I've often wanted to die. This story is exactly why I'm too chicken to kill myself. I can always think of some way I could end up surviving, wether by fluke or by intervention from the well-meaning, and end up worse off.

Silvina

I am from buenos aires and i can assure you that woman jumped and she's being treated in Argerich's hospital in La Boca. Fo what i've heard doctors hace remuved part of her lung a kidney and her spleen so she can live although she's still in critical conditions.

Squeaky Shoes

I'm sorry but to the people bitching about people's rude comments on here i have one thing to ask...

what about the person to only sold this story to the tabloids???

Why is it CNN (one of the biggest news sites) did not report this, but had some lame-ass story about one moron celeb "outing" another

what does that say about the supposed "people in shock" when this happened.

I found it odd that when i did a search for this story, i ONLY found it on celeb/tabloid news sites, and the exact same story everywhere... why did no "respected" news outlet report something as huge and tragic as this?

so come on, provide an answer

Silvina

Squeaky Shoes, I agree with you, but, unfortunately, CNN is not interested in other countries news. I'm just glad she survived, and hope she can be taken care off

irish35

It wasn't her time.

Squeaky Shoes

Posted at 10:37 AM on Jan 25, 2011 by Silvina
------------------------------------------------
have you even read cnn's website? they have "other contries" news on there all the time!

their most recent ones are of the moscow bombing, afgani children in some far corner being fed opium to make them sleep so their parents can work, egypt protests, pakistani bombing, should i go on? so it's not their problem

i had to really *dig* through internet search engines to even find the story... and it appears in the strangest and random locations, like gamespot forums? celebrity "news" sites, and blogs of people who like to bitch about how cruel the world is

Squeaky Shoes

I'm just trying to point out that this "news" not actually being reported except in places it needn't be, is just bizarre

we get pointless news from all around the world like these idiot politicians who are screwing up every country and stepping down, but something like this fails to show up...

someone "sold" this to the highest bidder... not to actual news outlets

@xxverogomez

it's sooo true ,I was there, and it was amazing !!!!! (I'm on vacation)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments