Ruth Bader Ginsburg to Obama -- No Gloves, No Love

1/26/2011 10:30 AM PST BY Johnny Lopez

President Obama got a big hug from Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg -- and her lacy '80s Madonna gloves -- prior to delivering his State of the Union speech last night.

0126_ruth_getty

The 77-year-old judge is a material girl.

soulofanangel

Lacy gloves, flowing robe could be ANYBODY at Walmart.

Lori

Hey...she's ROCKIN" those gloves and that collar! Don't like her liberal views but her fashion sense is dead on...why not class up the joint? What will the low rent Obama's and the pink Barney Frank?

Carl

Before all the conservatards start chiming in about a supreme court justice getting friendly with the president don't forget that Cheney and Scalia are hunting buddies.

Zeig

Ruth Batty Ginsberg, a perfect example of the need for term limits.

OooooNooo!

That old ding-batt has no business on the highest court in the land! Embarrassing.

Monica

I disagree with her about everything, but as a fellow pancreatic cancer survivor I can imagine that she is on an oral chemo that plays havoc with her hands and feet - especially in the cold weather - I wear gloves all the time, especially in this cold where my hands bleed on a daily basis!!!!

Katrina

Ms. Ginsburg grow up and came to age in a time when women weren't considered dressed properly if they weren't wearing gloves. I think she just had a limited choice to choose from and went with something that went with her attire.

Raejean

You know, the lady is 77 and hands don't look like much at that age. Lace gloves are just a way of prettying things up, and I think it's a totally cool choice like making sure of the lipstick and earrings to show the world you have self-respect.

yvetterene

I do know that the Justice has pancreatic cancer. The gloves appear to be worn due to some side effect of the treatment perhaps. Thank you Monica for educating the rest of us for the probable reason for the glove wearing.

Lily

She doned on gloves in a classy way which I bet reason behind it is for medical reasons. Now the real story is ...where the heck are the trio of baboons Thomas, idiot Scalia and god knows what Alito? You shouldn't be in this position if you can't stand by your commander in chief! I think it's time to bring in terms to the supreme court!

Linda Hernandez

Justice Ginsburg may have pancreatic cancer. Most people who have that don't live as long as she has. Maybe the gloves do hide whatever the treatment has done to her skin but I agree with other poster- Ginsburg is a "term limit poster child" justice. Time to get out Ruth!

pam

Lace gloves have been around since the Victorian era. Madonna didn't invent them. The judge probably has a drawer full of gloves suitable for all occasions. White ones for church, rubber ones for doing the dishes and those pretty black lace ones for when she wants to look pretty for the President.

PamrJamr

SO????
Didn't anyone notice Ginsburg was slumped over, ASLEEP during most of the speech! REALLY?????
I felt sorry for the old gal - but is was sooooo embarassing!

Eric

Did anyone else see her passed out last night towards the end of Obama's speech? It was absolutley hilarious! At first I just saw a body and shoulders and was wondering where the head was. After rewinding, I saw her head bobbing, sawing logs. Classic moment that no one has mentioned today.

J.

I love how noone here realizes what the title is a subtle reference to...

This is the second TMZ article making a play on this

No Gov, No Love and this one...

At least TMZ understands good music!

(FROM: DIE ANTWOORD - EVIL BOY)

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments