Charlie Sheen Treated for Hernia -- No O.D.

1/27/2011 9:18 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen suffered a hiatal hernia in his stomach -- not an overdose -- and it may have triggered the 911 call that landed Charlie in the hospital.

0127_charlie_sheen_tmz_exd_3

Sources tell us the hernia is located in Charlie's stomach. The condition causes acid and food to back up into the esophagus ... and we're told it causes "horrible, horrendous pain."

Charlie will spend the night at the hospital.

We're told Charlie has had a hiatal hernia for years.

As we previously reported, Sheen was hospitalized early this morning.

Tammy

Uh, a question, TMZ. Why did I just see under "Also on TMZ" Charlie Sheen dead at 45??? I clicked on it but there wasn't anything there...and now it's gone. Anyone else see that?

Posted at 4:28 PM on Jan 27, 2011 by D

I did. I clicked on it and it got a sorry, page not found message. I guess they were prepared for every possibility.

JungleTails com

It happen while lifting a very heavy spoon of coke.

Manny

soon show will be renamed:
"one and a half men & one corpse"

angles

A HOLE IN THAT AREA CAN BE VERY PAINFUL NOW THEY WILL OPERATE AND HE WILL BE FINE HOPEFULLY AS FOR DRUGS NO WAY A FARCE

Virginia Ruiz

The guy is soooo sick and can´t even recognize it, which leave all the people who care for him and the other ones that profit from him, to enforce rehab ASAP. He is going to die if he´s not entering rehab, seriously.

FakeThomasJefferson

My friend told me that the word from in the hospital is that he already died but they haven't released the story to the press.

Michelle

"condition caused food and acid to back up in his esophagus?" FOOD??? How stupid do they think the public is?? When you are doing coke for 36 hours, believe me, there is NO food in your stomach! what evvvs!

dadudedd

Yes, I saw the Charlie Sheen dead at 45 tag come and go a couple of times.
I clipboarded the URL: (nothing there)

Kari

Sorry to say this man is going to be dead before anyone faces the truth. Besides, hernia or not--he still is a junkie, and headed for disaster.

Scott

He is already brain dead and that has no killed him so there....

PETER LEE

Dead at 45

PETER LEE

Just let him die no one cares overpaid on a crappy show and useless to humanity. I'm sure his flunkies asre happy the money train didn't crash

Trevis Miho

It's funny how you hear about all these binges and hospital trips of his - then inbetween knowing what happened, all the rumors (or facts) come out about the details of the parties that led to the hospital visit...then after its all said and done it's nothing about an overdose, nothing of his stomach getting pumped,etc., and he's back to work like it's nothing. Charlie Sheen should write a book/manual on "How To Party Like You Should Be Dead Already"..

SallyChi

Uh-huh....hernia....OK! Sheen must know something dirty about the producers at the network, or why else would they keep him on? pay him $1Mil an episode, so that he can continue to feed his drug habit?

me

I saw it too. Now its gone. Sign of whats ahead.....hmmmm?