Lindsay Lohan -- Face-to-Face with Probation Officer

2/2/2011 5:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan had some serious 'splainin to do at the L.A. County Probation Department in Santa Monica today -- during a sit-down with her P.O.

0202_lindsay_lohan_cop_zoom_launch
As we first reported, the LAPD contacted the probation office last night to inform them that they are  investigating LiLo for grand theft jewelry.

As you already know -- LiLo is on wafer-thin ice ... and the alleged theft of the $2,500 necklace could be a felony and grounds to violate her probation ... which probably means slammer time.

UPDATE:  Sources tell us ... Lindsay was drug tested during her meeting with the probation officer but the subject of the alleged grand theft never came up.

beachgal

Did she gain weight at BF?

pl

on come on...she's not gonna go to the slammer for this, just like she never served all the time she was supposed to on all of her other things.

Bruno

Mark my words, TMZ will make it sound like Lindsay is headed back to the slammer right up until the point that they announce that it's a big misunderstanding and the store did indeed lend her the necklace that she conveniently forgot to return. Had the store called her agent, she probably would have returned it. I hate Lindsay and Would hate to raise kids in a world that glorifies her, but this stinks of BS.

Posted at 12:19 PM on Feb 2, 2011 by Buckaroobonzai
----------------------------------------------------------

I hate to say it, but I agree with you. I have no doubt a check has been cut to the jewelry store and all will be forgiven.

HarlotO'Hara

is that necklace borrowed too?

Jay

Excuses Lindsay told her Probation Officer:

1) My evil twin from the Parent Trap stole it!
2) The owner gave me the necklace honest!
3)I lost my pass port in France!
4) My stylist was suppose to bring the necklace back before anyone noticed it was gone.
5)Lesbians dont wear jewlery!
6)Thats not cocaine its a crushed breathe mint.
7) Im a celebrity I can take whatever I want from stores eveything is free if your a celebrity.
8) The store owner said I could have it they are lying now for money just like that Dawn Holland b*tch!

jeff

She lives in a million dollar condo, She frequents the store, knows there are video camers inside the store, Shes on probation, so she steals the necklace and then wore it in plain sight? These jewelry stores loan jewelry to celebrities all the time for publicity. A drug addict wouldn't steal a necklace to wear it. They would steal it to sell it to get money for more drugs. Wait for the whole story. There's more going on here.

eyecandy

I don't think the "assistant" had an account with the store...so it's gonna be hard to put the blame on her...

Tammy

She'll skate like she always does, it doesn't matter how thin the ice.

Mommy

Good to see Lindsay back in the news....Was she jealous that Charlie was stealing the limelight from her? hahahaha

Davey Boy

It would make my week if LiLo went back to jail. Seriously.

konaehukai

It can't be a one of a kind. My ex had a necklace just like that. I gave it to her and it cost nowhere near 2500. More like 150.

Buckaroobonzai

@ #24 Jeff
EXACTLY!!!!
Haven't people figured out TMZ yet?
Harvey is worse than my 65 year old Jewish Mother!

Me

this 'incident' like all of the others will just be swept under the rug. She won't go to jail, if she does, her lawyer will get her out for some f*cked up reason (remember when a judge tried to put her in jail? SCH put a stop to that one). The judge tried to punish her but SCH made the justice system look like a joke once again. This is sickening. I used to admire SCH but now I just think she is a freaking lying slime ball just like Lindsay. Lindsay has thumbed her nose at the justice system for so long! It makes the USA look like IDIOTS.

kp

x17 site says it's worth $5,000.00 looks like a 10.00 necklace you buy at Walmart

charlie

I find it funny when people say they don't care about this, but yet they spend the time to comment on it. The fact that this is news is silly but this is TMZ folks not CNN. I have to admit sadly that I like this stuff. I do hope she gets help though.