Halle Berry's Ex: Just Leave the Baby

2/17/2011 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Halle Berry's baby daddy tried creating a "Sophie's Choice" for her -- earn a living, or be with her baby ... and that's why Halle went to court Wednesday and kicked his butt.

0202_halle_berry_gabriel_EX_getty

Sources connected with the former couple tell TMZ ... Gabriel Aubry told Halle he would not let her take Nahla to New York City to shoot a movie.  We're told Halle agreed to put Gabriel up in a fancy hotel during the 1-week shoot so he could be with the kid, but he said no.

Gabriel -- who isn't working right now -- responded this way:  "Why do I have to follow her?  She can leave [Nahla] here."

TMZ broke the story ... a Los Angeles County Superior Court judge ruled Wednesday that Halle could take the baby with her.

Friends of Halle say Gabriel knew what he was signing up for when he impregnated her and he's just acting out of spite.

Halle -- who dropped out of the film, "New Year's Eve" to battle Gabriel in court -- was offered another role in the flick and that's why she's going to NYC.  We're told she'll take the trip in 2 weeks.

But the battle isn't over.  Halle has other films in the works, and she expects Gabriel will continue to cause problems.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Lisa

I agree. Why should he have to follow her all over the planet. Why can't Halle leave the baby with him while she's at work. It's not like she will be able to spend much time with the baby while she's working. The baby will be left to be cared for by Halle's nannies. She's just being a spiteful bitch if you ask me.

sunseeker

tmz

Way too onesided story wonder who's side you are on. How can he work when he is suppose to follow Halle to see his baby while she is screwing Oliver Marinez of all people.

Steph

I find it laughable how people are quick to take the ex side. Why cant she take her child with her? Its not like its for months on end. How many other actress take their n young kid and a nanny on set? So because its Halle Berry its a problem, gtfoh!! She paid him to look after his own daughter when she was filming in South Africa and he was fine with that but now he has a problem. Im not taking sides or anything but to me, Gabriel the nobody is looking for a payout!!! How dare he give her an ultimatum of choose between her job and her child. Dude knew who she was and what her job entails when he agreed to father a child with her, so he has no rights asking her to do that. Now im not saying they shouldnt work it out for the sake of nahla but the way I see it, is the ex got with halle hoping his career will take off (possibly into acting) but when they broke up, that didnt happen. Wasnt he the same "concerned and caring father" who was quick and happy to be linked with the a known skank like kim k. Talk about attention whore on his part.

JLS

Oh what the hell do HER FRIENDS KNOW about her pregnancy? Only what HALLE tells them (very one sided and biased).

This post is absurd. Many posts around the net state they patched up their original way of raising and sharing the child and that is why he withdrew his original action.

Honestly, I agree with him! If Halle is going to be gone for one week and shooting in NY, why not leave the baby with Gabriel? It makes no sense to haul her to NY and hire a nanny while she's filming. Honestly, Halle is out of control. Sure she can outspend Aubrey on legal matters but so what.

He's correct. He shouldn't have to follow Halle Berry all over the place while she films just to see his child.

My opinion of her has dropped in the toilet completely. As for her friends, they have no real facts-just what she tells them anyway. Silence to them.

Sam

Not too smart considering New York City is on the losing end of a bed-bug infestation.

JLS

I'm so weary of one sided reports here. Always-and I do mean always, TMZ picks a side. They seem unable to report just the facts of anything.

Most times they take one side and then completely switch IF they can offer their legal opinion on what a defense might consider in strategy.

It's just over the top. I guess someone on the staff at TMZ likes Halle Berry.

The Facts!

This guy's a BUM!

L.

I realize that this story is potentially one-sided, but these custody situations are never pretty. And it seems to me that this guy is trying to be a **** over the whole thing. What if Halle decided to move to the other side of the country? Would he fight that too? Or would he move - on her dime? He seems like an ******* to me - trying to stir up crap for attention. People like that need to remember, what goes around, comes back around.

aurel

why always her,she........why not ...he ...him ??????
pathetic NA

aurel

FOR #4 re: I find it laughable how people are quick to take the ex side. Why cant she take her child with her? Its not like its for months on end. How many other actress take their n young kid

Your english is not so grate......THEIR CHILD NOT HERS......OK?
K

Steph

Posted at 1:52 AM on Feb 17, 2011 by L.

I agree 100%. He's not even working (modeling is not stable especially him being male and at his age)He travelled with her the last time since she was paying him. Of course he shouldnt have to always follow her whenever she travels for work but he knew fine well travelling from place to place is a big aspect of her work so why is he being a bitch about it all of a sudden? IMO, if its outside the country then fair enough he has a point but its NY and only for a couple of weeks. Dude is looking for trouble anyware in the hopes of get a payout!!!

camaguey

Who cares what these two lowlives do, say, want. I can't stand this berry woman. I welcome a day without having to come across a photo/article about her and her loser life and loser problems. JUST GO AWAY. And good luck with the new boyfriend (not). He probably has dropped her by now. He looks bored to death and disgusted every time I've seen a picture of the two together, like he's thinking "how/when/why did I sink this low."

Steph

FOR #12 anyone can see what I meant and for you to point that out shows how much time you have on your hands. For the record great is spelled GREAT not GRATE lol learn that first before schooling me on my english lmao

Halle is a Whacko

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

...this is ridiculous..really TMZ how see through are you LOL...COME ON get real and start showing abit of class will you or are you joining the ranks of Halle Berry and her lowlife ways? Halle Berry tried to manipulate the whole rubbish right from the start when she took advantage of a young man..but you see this young man grew up and on that note WOKE UP!!! She didnt want Gabriel around anymore cause he was not interested in her...Halle was perturbed at the fact that "OMG he he cannot see I am special" LOL. THe Olivier crud well who knows whats the go there but I know one thing ..Nahla didnt like the idea of having to share the thing called mother that halle tries to portray... So thats why the crying and snooty pics and tantrums..not because of the father but more to the point if the kid becomming selfish and umm spoilt.. this is the foundation that Halle the idiot has created for this kid.. Gabriel would be the only footing for this child.. WATCH WAIT AND SEE>>>>>> I already predicted this scam of Berry for awhile now and hmm I do not think she has wond any merits with the latest crapola.. She really is one person I would not risk my reputation for TMZ ...wakey wakey

JLS

There is a sickening trend by the courts to side with the mother no matter what. Give her a fat paycheck for years, give her sole custody etc etc. Just because you are somebody's mother doesn't mean you are the best parent. Many better fathers are screwed out of knowing their children just because mother rules all things to do with the child.

I am NOT male and NOT young but I am really tired of this. Halle Berry has had multiple marriages and even more relationships all of which caused her to go into these crazy rants afterward. Aubrey should have to follow her all over the place to see his child. Further, she is obviously going to get a nanny when she is filming. Is that better than leaving her at home with dad?

I rest my case. Courts crap on fathers.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments