Mark Zuckerberg -- I Fear My Facebook Stalker

2/8/2011 9:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mark Zuckerberg claims he's being stalked by a man who's been sending him creepy messages through Facebook and threatening his safety ... TMZ has learned.

Mark Zuckerberg Stalker

Zuckerberg has obtained a restraining order against 31-year-old Pradeep Manukonda -- after Mark filed legal papers claiming the guy has tried to "follow, surveil and contact Mr. Zuckerberg using language threatening his personal safety" ... and the safety of his girlfriend and his sister.

Law enforcement sources tell us Pradeep had gone to several Facebook offices in Palo Alto attempting to contact Mark to ask for money for his financially-strapped family.

According to the legal docs, Facebook security also intercepted Pradeep at Mark's home on January 24 just as he was about to walk up the front steps.

Cops gave Pradeep a verbal warning -- but Mark claims the guy has continued to try to contact him through the mail ... even sending flowers to his home with a hand-written letter on January 28.

In one of his Facebook messages to Mark, Pradeep writes, "please help me, then I am ready to die for you." He continues, "Please understand my pain."

0207_pradeep_facebook

The judge has ordered Pradeep to stay at least 300 yards away from Mark, his sister Randi and his girlfriend Priscilla Chan pending a hearing later this month.

Andy

Vote 4 Pedro

w.ramsey

No worries you are not Lennon. Just another brick in wall.

Jimbo

I can't even describe how happy I am about hearing this lol

I hope some more freaks start following Zuckerberg

tropicgirl

So Zucker... you and the CIA create an application with which YOU GUYS can stalk the American people, and protesters and others around the world... but complain when it is used on you? Feeling safe with your handlers, these days?

Poetic justice, I would say. Cry me a river.

Ohanake

As a famous friend of mine said once to me, "you're not officially a rockstar until you've been stalked at least once."

Bruce

Part of me wants to feel sorry for Mr Zuckerberg and his family. BUT part of me also wants to think that if he feels threatened, maybe the next change they make to Facebook they will err on the side of caution and not automatically make all your personal info public till you go in and have to change it to private again. Other people are getting stalked because of FB's decisions

Lily

Send the loser back to whichever Godforsaken country he's from. Creepiness aside If he can't learn English he doesn't belong here anyway.

FlamingoNut

This guy sounds like he's going to snap. People will die. Don't say I didn[t call it.

FreeTibet

All you losers blaming Zuck' for your pitifully damaged privacy since YOU decided to use his FREE service to spend countless hours creating a FB page about yourself--give it up already.

Andrew`

Why doesn't Zuckerberg just talk to this guy? His situation sounds urgent.

cosmicwxdude

I will NEVER have a facebook page....NEVER!

TRE

This is why I no longer have a Facebook account. Once you get a crazy person fixed on you, they have all the info and a good chunk of your friends at their fingertips.

Surprising though that Zuck doesn't protect privacy for the rest of us.

Orinoco

UNFRIEND!

Phil E. Drifter

What a *****.

Old Atlantic

Can't they get a call center job for him? With such an excellent persistent cold caller apparently without a job, why do we need more H-1b's from India?