Samuel Jackson RIPS Oscars -- No Black Men!?

3/1/2011 9:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Another HARSH criticism of the Academy Awards ... this time from Samuel L. Jackson . .. who's pretty damn upset that there weren't more black actors involved in the show.

Samuel Jackson Video
Jackson was in L.A. yesterday, where he told a photog, "Where were the black actors?"

He continued, "I guess they didn't think we were available to read teleprompters that night ... not a big deal, hopefully it'll get better ... it wont happen again."

Jackson added, "We work in town ... they know who we are, they know we're available to be on that show to represent the people of color who are in the business in town."

For the record, there were no black male presenters during the show -- to which Jackson stated, "Hopefully they wont make that mistake again."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

spearit

I think he needs a little cheese to go with the whining.

Ginger

Take it to Seattle. They judge you by the color of your skin or your nationality. You might have better luck there if you can't honestly succeed anywhere else.

BREAKFAST4

um yeah keep making snakes on a plane and you'll never be invited

sue

halle berry!

Jessica Weloy

What about Oprah?? Last time I checked she is Black. Why does he color of the actor matter?? I thought the Oscars where about performances and talent?? Not color?

steve williams

shut the ---- up - sick of hearing this bull -

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

This might not be the show (this specific broadcast/83rd) that a lot of talent, white, black, etc. that one would necessarily want to be associated with........

beau

Oscars white, white ,white, white , white, white, white..Hallie Berry was on Oscars BUT she's half black and half white.

Meg Lamb

Someone is stuck in the past!! Get over it! Is he serious????

mystery

If you involve actors based on the color of their skin then aren't you just keeping racism alive instead? Wouldn't you NOT want to do that?!!

Strummer101er

Weren't any chinese presenters but you don't see jackie chan bitchin' about that.

SYLVI212

Posted at 4:31 PM on Mar 1, 2011 by Jessica Weloy

VERY GOOD POINT, I HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT OPRAH. Oh hell, I'm going to be accused of being a racist because I forgot about the only black presenter!

SYLVI212

Am I the only one sick and tired of hearing about how the blacks are "left out of everything?" I'm so sure all the white supreme beings got in a collective huddle and figured out a way to keep the blacks off the stage and out of the Oscar ceremony. Please, that BS has been done to death. Find another line, will you?

TAngel

He's right - the awards were a complete white-wash. Scan the crowd and you might see one black face amidst hundreds of white. People wonder why blacks have black awards shows and pageants, etc. It's because of things like this. We need forums where we come first, where we are the focus, not the "supporting actor" or an after-thought or token. If its ok for an awards show to be 98% white, then its ok for an award show to be 98% black. the latter are a drop in the bucket anyway, most media, movies, tv shows, magazine covers feature whites.

Hey Now

Oprah and Halle Berry are not black men. And don't mess with Samuel Jackson because he will f*cking kill you.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments