Lohan to Sue Jewelry Store Over Surveillance Tape

3/8/2011 2:43 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan is preparing to sue Kamofie & Company jewelry store -- claiming they had no right  to cash in  from the sale of the infamous surveillance tape ... because Lindsay never gave them the right to use her image for profit ... TMZ has learned.

Lindsay Lohan Surveillance Tape

Sources connected to the surveillance video tell TMZ ... Kamofie sold the rights to distribute the tape to the Associated Press for at least $40k. The AP has since struck a deal with "Entertainment Tonight" in which the show got exclusive rights to air the tape for one week.

We're told Lohan met with her lawyers today ... no word on when she plans to file the lawsuit.

UPDATE: A rep for Kamofie tells us, "We regret to hear there is trepidation by Miss Lohan in connection with the video. "

The statement continues, "We hope that everyone understands that this is beyond our control, the flood of the requests to see this video were simply too overwhelming.  It was truly necessary to put it out."

0202_lidsay_lohan_accessories_fame_footer

normal person

How do you know she is not sober ? Proof?

Life's a Lou

Wow, wish I could have talked to her like you did.

Posted at 5:00 PM on Mar 8, 2011 by Life's a Lou

----

No, LaL, no, you really don't. There was nothing glamorous about it or her. She screamed about Danette Meyers. She screamed at all of us. She ranted about how acting was in the blood and she was born to do it. She was a complete Diva. And BTW, she IS here. Check out some of the weird Lou and Grandma Crackers postings, like the one about me going off to take a dump and mocking Grandma Cracker for going to school. That's her. Give you an idea of how "likable" she is?

Posted at 5:16 PM on Mar 8, 2011 by lou
_______________________________

Thanks, I'll do that, Lou

suza271

@ NICOLE--

Not true. It actually doesn't make a difference if you are on misdemeanor probation or felony probation as to whether you go to prison. It's the time suspended by the judge. If the suspended sentence is more than a year, it's prison. So...regardless of whether it gets knocked down to a misdemeanor she could still be facing prison. I don't know what the highest penalty for this particular offense is if it gets knocked down to a misdemeanor, but I suspect it may be more than a year.

Grandma Cracker

I'm not aware of any obvious hijacking before she was outed...anyone else? Once Lilty was outed as FOL, as Lou wrote in an earlier post, names (Lou and G Crackers so far)were taken over.

On a side note, I will venture over to IMDB! Thanks!

Posted at 5:04 PM on Mar 8, 2011 by bootsy
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Bootsy, go back a few pages to the other LL story. I do believe that you have been a victim too, along with themare, ilovegossip, herpies fully loaded.......this is a wide spread problem and TMZ needs to make each user's name unique. I do not see any indications that the "haters" (disapprovers) are engaging in this kind of behavior.

suza271

Kamofie and Co., released a statement via their necklace video website yesterday. Here it is:

Kamofie and Company provides the following statement to the media in response to the current controversy about the surveillance video of Lindsay Lohan recorded inside the jewelry store on January 22, 2011:

“We want to explain why we released the video publicly. Most important, we were upset with the various mischaracterizations we were seeing and hearing about the video and its contents, and we felt the video should be allowed to speak for itself. There were also many media inquiries asking for release of the video, which is not any sort of secret evidence. The bottom line is we felt there was far too much speculation about the video recording, and that it was right for the public to be able to see the video itself.

The video would be released during the actual trial anyway, as has been explained by several prominent criminal attorneys. Release of the video at this time does not violate any law, and we believe its release should have no impact on the outcome of the criminal proceeding.

As for the criminal proceeding itself, we would prefer to allow our justice system to sort out the case, and we will not speculate on any of the statements or assumptions we are seeing online. Whether a defendant chooses to resolve a case or go to trial should be a matter for that person's conscience, and should not be affected by whatever the tape shows.

With regard to the question of Lindsay Lohan’s guilt or innocence, we repeat that Kamofie and Company never gave permission to Ms. Lohan to remove the necklace from the store. The rest is up to the jury.

Because there is a case pending against Ms. Lohan, we urge everyone to allow the justice system to determine the outcome, and we have faith in our criminal courts and their procedures and processes.

The tape speaks for itself. Anyone who is interested in the case should watch the tape.”

normal person

I am certain that the Lohans don't come here. It is your imagination playing trick on you. That is what tooo much hate will do.

suza271

I'm not sure how to make things bold here, but this is the statement I found to be the most interesting:

Casey

I also saw her look at the video camera right after she turned the necklace around on her neck, making sure the necklace was as hidden as it could possibly be.

I would say she cased the joint before and knew what she was going to take. It looked very well planned.

bootsy

Hahaha. I didn't see those posts grandma cracker. I will check. Thanks for the heads up!

lou

How do you know she is not sober ? Proof?

Posted at 5:20 PM on Mar 8, 2011 by normal person

---

friendoflindsay came on here and said she was going to celebrate by drinking Redbull and vodka.

Life's a Lou

@Lou,
you were right. Lindsay is just so awful. Especially when you and the others were so kind to her.

@normal person
I don't know that I can agree with you. Lou seems so certain that all those people posting with different names is Lindsay.
And she just doesn't listen to reason.

pam

Thought she said the tape would clear her. Guess not from what i'm hearing now she wants to sue!!!! What a piece of crap she thinks she is all that and more. Guess what lilo your so not!!!One year and jail!!!!

suza271

Does anyone know if the full video will be released on that necklace website (where I got the statement)? I would like to watch the full thing. Plus, ET got pre-empted tonight for a sports conference where I live. So, I couldn't see the 2nd half--which is the half I really wanted to see. And, does anyone know if they showed the very last part where she was leaving on ET?

suza271

WHAT? Why won't it let you post??

Life's a Lou

normal person
How do you know she is not sober ? Proof?

Posted at 5:20 PM on Mar 8, 2011 by normal person

---

Posted at 5:27 PM on Mar 8, 2011 by lou
_____________________
I remember that, and then she also said when she was impersonating Lou that she was going out to party. How much more proof do you want.
Oh, I know, the kicker is that she also said many times how she wasn't Lindsay. You know it's her if she denies it.

Previous 15 Comments | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments