Chris Brown -- Violent Outburst at 'GMA'

3/22/2011 5:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown exploded in rage behind the scenes at "Good Morning America" this morning ... smashing a window and storming out without a shirt ... sources tell TMZ ... and it was triggered by on-air questions about the Rihanna incident.

0322_chris_brown_EX

ABC sources tell TMZ ... Brown performed and was interviewed by Robin Roberts live from the Times Square studio when she began asking about the infamous incident.

0322_shattered_glass_TMZ2

Brown tried to redirect the questions to focus on his album -- but Roberts continued to ask about Brown's legal issues stemming from the Rihanna incident.

We're told after the interview, Brown freaked out, storming into his dressing room and screaming so loud, the people in hair and makeup became alarmed and called security.

We're told Brown was out of control, and one source present tells us he smashed a window in his dressing room, and the glass shattered and some shards fell onto 43rd and Broadway.  ABC security tells TMZ ... the window was shattered with a chair.

We're told by the time security rushed the area, Brown had ripped off his shirt and left the building, blowing off another performance he was supposed to do for the ABC website.

And sources say ... on his way out of the building, Brown confronted a segment producer, got in his face and stared him down.   People from the show got in between Chris and the producer to diffuse the situation.

Remember -- Brown is on probation for the felony beating and he's required to obey all laws.

UPDATE 6:49 AM PT:  Brown just tweeted, "I'm so over people bringing this past s**t up!!! Yet we praise Charlie sheen and other celebs for there bulls**t."

UPDATE 6:59 AM PT: Brown has already deleted the previous tweet ... and added a new one that reads, "All my fans!!! This album is for you and only you!!! I'm so tired of everyone else!! Honestly!! I love team breezy!!"

UPDATE 7:48 AM PT: Glass workers just showed up to fix Brown's handiwork.

0322_window_repair_TMZ

0322_chris_brown_footer

Robin Roberts -- Chris Approved My Rihanna Q's

Robin Roberts asked Chris Brown if she could ask him about the Rihanna incident BEFORE the live interview began on "GMA" this morning ... this according to sources connected to the production.

0322_chris_brown_GMA_EX

Sources tell TMZ ... Roberts insists both she and other "GMA" staff members spoke with Chris before the interview and asked if it would be OK to ask "a few questions" about the Rihanna incident ... and Chris approved.

As TMZ first reported, Brown flipped out after the interview -- and apparently smashed a window in his dressing room.

Robin is telling people at the show she did NOT try to set him up ... and insists, "I'm pulling for the guy."

As for the broken window, no one in the studio saw Chris throw the chair into the window ... but he was definitely in the dressing room when the window was smashed.

Sandra Bullock's Play Date with Lil' Louis!

Sandra Bullock took some time out of her busy shooting schedule in NYC to spend some time with the man in her life -- her adorable son Louis Bardo!

0322_SANDRA_welcome_launch
Bullock and her lil' man were spotted playing at a park this weekend in New York, where they're staying while Sandra films  "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" with Tom Hanks and John Goodman.

Check out all the crazy cute photos!

Katherine Heigl -- Smokin' Hot

The only thing hotter than Katherine Heigl in a black bikini ... her electronic cigarette.

Katherine Heigl Bikini
The 32-year-old former TV actress soaked her bones in the Miami sun this weekend.

Addicting.

Angelina and Brad -- Maximum Children

Much like a comet or a supermoon (whatever that is), it was a rare sighting in New Orleans yesterday when Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were spotted out with all six of their children.

0322_brad_angelina_welcome_launch
You won't see them all together like this again for another 75 years.

Miami Dolphins QB -- Making a Boob of Himself

Miami Dolphins quarterback Chad Henne should be having a stressful summer -- with his starting gig in jeopardy and that whole NFL lockout thing -- but you wouldn't know it by the way he's partying it up in the Bahamas!!

0321_chad_henne_drag_launch
Henne was snapped over the weekend at bar in Nassau, where he stuffed a couple of balloons up his shirt and partied it up with a few friends.

Let's hope this is the only artificial substance Henne is ever caught putting in his system.

Whose '80s Hair?!

Try and guess which super celebrity had some serious (and non-gender specific) '80s hair!

0107_hair_gallery_launch
Hair-larious.

Celebrity Scramble!

Can you guess whose pretty puss was given one hell of a celebrity scramblin'?!

0318_scramble_launch

Bump Watch -- Hollywood's 20 Pregnant Stars!

There's a lot of mommies-to-be out there in Hollywood this week -- and we're checking in on all their baby bumps!

0315_welcome_BUMPS_art
Natalie Portman, Selma Blair, Kate Hudson, Jewel and more -- check out all the most recent pics of the expecting stars and their growing bellies!

What's the Big Frigin' Difference?!

Stare deep into the following pics and find the discrete differences in the mysteriously different photos!

0318_difference_launch

**HINT -- There are THREE differences in the above picture!**

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

rafy manso

CAN'T STAND THIS GUY. YOU CAN SEE IT ON HIS FACE. WOMAN BEATER.

MamaMia

Oh, Chris :( And you were doing so well there for a while! Approving questions and then flipping out afterward does nothing but show the world that the anger management sessions aren't working out. Let's hope the judge who was pleased with your progress doesn't send you all the way back to square one. Still pulling for you to work your issues out, though. It takes time.

asfser

I am a 35 years old doctor, mature and beautiful.and now I am seeking a good man who can give me real love , so i got a username Andromeda2002 on-----Age'M'ingle. C'○M------- .it is the first and best club for
wealthy people and their admirers. e…you don’t have to be rich ,but you can meet one there ,maybe you wanna check it out or tell your friends !

Laura

Id say he went a little far by smashing out a window! However, as a professional interviewer, Robin should have known enough was enough, I mean he was REALLY there to promote his album and move on from the past! I mean my God, I'm tired of hearing about the whole Rihanna past issue, so, I KNOW Chris Brown is, he was punished for it, they've made ammends, and it's been 2 years! LET it GO! I'd say he definitely needs more anger management, he did go too far by smashing out the window, but at the same time every time he tries to move on, it's back in his face, AGAIN! I think Robin should've let it go, I mean Id rather hear about the new album, Lord knows weve heard enough about the "incident"! Now they'll be talking about this for 3 or more years!

sambo

LOL!! imagine katherine heigl and HOT in the same sentence!! who writes these comedy routines?! ick..........

barbara

He may have talent,but the temper makes him bad news. He needs to grow up and act like a man.

charlie

You can take the N out of the Hood, but you can't take the Hood outa the N!

J.P.

so i guess that includes rihanna as well, right tom thomas

christi

She shouldnt have tried to ask the same question 3 times. He obviously was fine with one, but not going into complete details.

shelia

I can't believe Robin kept on and on about what he is really trying to put behind him. Robin the reporter in her just could not leave it alone but the mother in her should have and the fact that she got issues in her own life that she would rather let go of....Robin your life aint no crystal stair

sasa

I am an Air Force and single at present .I need a woman who can love me back ..I also uploaded my hot photos on Uniformedmingle .C oM under the name of hoho212..It's the largest and best club for seeking Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Police Force, and the admirers of those who wear the uniform.I just hope you don't mind me being a soldier ...Please Check it out!I'm serious.

Rissa

Chris Brown is a real looser...If he'd handled the question better he could have moved on and still promoted the album. He should know that until he learns to deal with questions regarding Rihanna... the questions will never go away. They will always be used as a trigger because of his stupid reaction. Grow up Chris.. really fast! Nobody likes a cry baby that only knows how to show anger.

maggie

What's with the tongue - he's got it sticking out in all these photos like he can't control it

JJ

While I am not a fan of Chris Brown...I must say that I agree he's not getting a fair shake by the press (and women,in general).

Q: Did any of you happen to notice Rhianna's new song where she is bound up in 'bondage' apparel and saran wrap, and basically says "I love it rough- beat me up!" ?????

GIVE ME A FRICKIN BREAK!!! Maybe she ASKED for the roughin she got from him?! And if not- that song/videio is in BAD TASTE!!
WHY DIDN'T THE MEDIA RIP HER TO SHREDS AND GIVE HIM A BREAK???

Suavemija

Leave the man alone already DAMN!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments