Elizabeth Taylor

The Gay Bar SHRINE

3/24/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

She may be gone ... but gay men are still worshiping Elizabeth Taylor.

0323_elizabeth_taylor_shrine_the_abbey_2
The staff at Liz's FAVORITE West Hollywood gay bar -- The Abbey -- erected a candle-lit memorial to the actress yesterday in the V.I.P. room where Liz would often hang out ... but that's only the beginning.

We're told the bar's offering a special drink in Liz's memory this weekend ... and they're donating ALL the proceeds to Elizabeth's AIDS foundation.

It's called the "Blue Velvet Martini" -- which they picked in honor of her role in the 1944 hit "National Velvet" -- and if you wanna try out their recipe ... it's made with Blue Angel vodka and blueberry schnapps.

Sources at the bar tell TMZ, regulars have been adding to the shrine non-stop since Elizabeth passed -- sending flowers and gifts since yesterday morning.

NDNchief

R.I.P. Liz & I hope those Protesting christian people don't disrespect your funeral.

Simone

First!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIP!!!!!!!!!

Simone

First!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIP!!!!!!!!!!!

bondservant4jesuschrist

Let's get something straight, Westboro Baptist are NOT Christians. They are a hateful cult. I am a Christian and was sadden to see her die. I pray for her family and condolences go out to them.

Kelly

I doubt there will ever be a more gorgeous woman than she was in "A Place in the Sun" or "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof."
I first saw them years ago as a teenage girl in a drama class.
Elizabeth was stunning in only a slip with the georgeous Paul Newman on the same screen. Wow...totally mesmerizing to say the least.

From all of the comments I've read and heard, she must have been just as beautiful a person on the inside as well.
So glad she was surrounded by family and friends.

Mr Baxter

One does not have to be gay to honor Elizabeth Taylor's enormous contributions to the AIDS effort.

Jackie

Hmm!!...Did you need to mention "gay men" or "The gay bar"? You could have just said The Abbey bar.

Cherie

~~~~~~~~R.I.P Liz~~~~~~~~

MIDNIGHT TOKER

she was great in green acres

Jim

To Dustin... #13

When you don't know how to spell, don't comment. It makes you look like the immature idiot that you are. May Karma find you one day, and then you will realize how disgusting a person you are.

Jim

Thank you, TMZ, for removing Dustin's hateful comments.

Jon

I am a christian who has been freed from the homosexual lifestyle and I reject the Westboro Baptists as false prophets.
Hate doesn't bring You out of homosexual addiction.God's mercy,love and forgiveness does.
And Yes it is a sin ,but God SO LOVED the world that He gave His only son.
People in homosexuality need to become born again then the healing can begin.I went to a ministry to have this specific need met and was freed.
Be encouraged.God LOVES YOU!

kp