« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jalen Rose -- I Regret Getting Behind the Wheel

3/30/2011 6:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NBA analyst Jalen Rose was surprised he was arrested for DUI earlier this month -- telling TMZ he didn't think he was going to blow over the limit on his blood alcohol test.

0330_jalen_rose_BN_TMZ_01

Jalen admits when he wrecked his car on March 11 ... he "voluntarily submitted to blood alcohol screening because I was confident it was safe for me to drive."

TMZ broke the story -- the ESPN hoops analyst and former NBA star crashed while driving on an icy road in Michigan.  After completing several field sobriety tests he was arrested for DUI.

Jalen says he regrets the decision to drive home -- and is "sorry for disappointing those who trust me to serve as a role model."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Red-in-Phoenix

Drinking and driving is bad news.

Hello is anybody in there?

Really!? You could of killed yourself or someone your a fool. Icy road + being sort of drunk = wreck...Simple!

John Rossi

HEY LOSER'S

AND, JACK-ASS , JALEN ROSE... I "REGRET ,READING THIS POST".....

SLEEPY TIME!... CONTROL YOUR PEACH-SHNNAPPS INTAKE ... YOU...

AMATEUR. ROSE.. YOU ARE A "ARMY OF NONE"

LATER LOSER,

----JOHN ROSSI

PS. ROSE, YOU SUCK!

Rocco

How much money did you earn during your playing days? Call a frickin cab.

Muppet

Same old lame excuse. Oh I didn't know I was drunk. Give it a rest! If you're going to drink more than one drink you should plan for a ride home. Wish people would grow up!

whocares

a role model, for who?

James R. - Los Angeles

I don't 'memba him.

D

So you guys are saying that you are perfect? Never made a mistake? Give the guy a break. He obviously didn't think he was over the limit.

en Todo Momento!!

if you drink n drive nez time, please, just run over gasol. thanks.

I hate Ina

You don't see Grant Hill doing this type of thing, do you?

CelebrityGossipGirl

I can totally understand what he is saying. Some people can handle their booze better than others. He passed all of the field sobriety tests BECAUSE he can handle the amount of liquor in his body better than others. That is why it is especially important not to drive after consuming any amount of alcohol. I think he made an honest mistake and apologized eloquently.

Sandra

What an ass!!!!

ron

sorry to pop your dream but YOU ARE NOT ANY ONES ROLL MODEL. YOU READ TELEPROMPTERS

Murphman

He regrets getting caught. Thats all. Douche!!!!

mike

These posts are real sounding boards for racist maggots, every available medium is populated with these right wing maggots, they never miss an opportunity to crawl and weasel their way from under the rocks they reside to spew their poisonous , venomous bile, contaminate the discourse , then crawl back to their burrows, what disgusting cretins.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments