Eddie Murphy -- I'm Shrek'd Out!

4/12/2011 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Eddie Murphy's days as a donkey are OVER ... because last night outside Mastro's steakhouse, the comic legend told us, "No more Shrek ... I'm Shrek'd out!"041211_eddie_murphy_still

Maybe he'll finally get back into stand-up (fingers crossed)?????

BroRo

FASCINATING NEWS!!!!

Tom C.

What kind of car was that?

J H

There's no way Eddie could pull off being a stand up these days. He's too far removed from it. And he'll do another Shrek once they wave that big payday under his nose.

Gridiron

I don't blame him. When you were once as big as Will Smith in Hollywood, it has to be a blow to the ego to have your best role in the past 10 years be a cartoon jackass.

LAWRENCE

Where else where they find a black guy who has sex with transexual hookers? Paging Bill Cosby.

Chilton

This is great news for all fans of his most underrated movie, NORBIT. Now he finally has time to make a sequel! I couldn't be happier. Really.

Barbarascy

I wouldn't bite the hand that feeds me. Hollywood is a very fickle place and trends change like the wind. My advice to him it to keep an open mind. Movies are not kicking ass like they used to. When some of Hollywood's best and brightest have less than stellar returns things are not going as well as they should be. Keep an open mind Mr. Murphy.

The Observer

Considering the Shrek franchise has all but ended officially anyhow, Eddie is nor really saying much. Had he spoke up like this two movies ago it would have been worth more.

kimmi

Eddie Murphy was the st^t back in the day, but he's a little too out of the loop of what's awsome. What's he going to get the Gumby outfit out of storage?
LMAO @ the Norbit sequal.

Rotter

Always loved his "fire shooting outa my d**k" joke

kp

coming out of Mastros steak house getting into his ROLLS I am sure he is tired to this. wtf hollywood
go screw your self

Buckaroobonzai

I will pre-order those improv tickets ANY DAY! PLEASE TO STANDUP AGAIN!

HamptonsHarry

This guy thinks his **** doesn't stink. His head got way too big, not to mention he hates white people.

Christopher Kandrat

I don't blame him. He should move onto something better.

Kàt

mmmmmmmmmm,......well, it's not like he's doing anything else major, is he? Of course, when you have the money he has, I suppose there isn't a need to work. Unless of course his life style(including his ex) requires that he continues to works.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments