Stephen Hawking Declares

'There Is No Heaven'

5/16/2011 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Renowned scientist Stephen Hawking doesn't want to rain on your parade or anything -- but he'd like you to know there is no such thing as heaven when you die. Debbie Downer!

0516_steven_hawking_heaven_TMZ_composite_2
In an interview with the Guardian, Hawking explained, "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark."

If there is no heaven ... how does he explain bacon, Bar Refaeli, and the iPad?

SantaFeJack

Heaven and Hell are right up there with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. You CAN reach a state of Heaven on Earth by working through your earthly demons...the peace of mind you achieve really is Heaven on Earth.

Cinderf*ckinrella

confused in k-town 20 hours ago

>>Have you ever gone through the worm holes to other galaxies/realms? Like the one's in the movie, "Contact" with Jodie Foster. I have, so I am curious if others have done so or have attempted it.<<

Hey Cinderf*ckinrella, I've never been through a wormhole. How does one find a wormhole?? Sounds cool though and I'd definately like to try. Done the light speed thing where the stars are just streaks of light. That was a blast. Have you been to the moon?
___________________________________________________________

Hey there Confused in k-town.
I was already in flight when I tuned in to view and going through the worm hole. It appears my astral/energy/spirit body knows where they are located. You could try telling your spirit/energy/astral body to seek out the worm holes and it may know where they are and where to go. I shot through a total of 3 the time I was lucid going through. In the 2nd one though I had an alien (tall gray w/ razor slasher teeth) flying after me. I hit hyper-speed/light speed and out ran (flew) it. Watch out for those. They are mean and will try to get you and kill you, they are not nice. I've run into them a few times already. After I shot through the third one, I ended up at a club of some kind. When I stepped into the room/lounge, I looked around and there were all these different looking aliens, like you would see in Star Wars. At first it kinda freaked me out, but everyone was laughing and having a good time and I thought well "looks like a party to me and I probably look funny to them, so it's all good". The I zoned out and eventually fell asleep. I have not consciously tried to go to the moon, but I am sure my energy body has before on it's own. I did fly up several years back when a lot of the planets were lining up. I wanted to see up close what it looked like. It was really awesome. I also was sucked into a black hole once, that I am consciously aware of, a few years back. Inside of it, your body floats like it is weightless and some amazing things are stored inside of them for you to see. I have never told anyone yet what was inside for me to see, but I will say I enjoyed it very much. I have a theory that there is information stored in each one, each one has different information stored in them and in this one, in particular, the information was presented to me in a specific way. If I had pictures from NASA, showing me all of the black holes, based on what I see around the hole in the picture, I could give a theory as to what kind of information could be stored in each one. For right now, it is my secret what I saw in this particular black hole. I have a picture of the one that sucked me in, but I am not sure where it is located in space or what this particular one is called. NASA would be able to tell, if I showed them the picture I have. Maybe, I should make it a point to try and go get sucked into some more of them and gather more information about what is inside of the different black holes. It feels really weird when you are being sucked into them. :)

ahadahad

The Question is still there What is the reason for Creation ‘Can doctor Hawking look for it’?

The Sciences, special physics, didn’t cancel the philosophy and reason.

However, they are complete each other, this is not a matter of man choice and desire, but the relation between material and thought.

In addition, the human thinking defined by the desirability
allah said:(Were they created of nothing, or were they themselves the creators? (35)
Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay, they have no firm belief. (36))Sura At-tur (The Mount)

allah said:(Were We then weary with the first Creation, that they should be in confused doubt about a new Creation? (15)
It was We Who created man, and We know what dark suggestions his soul makes to him: for We are nearer to him than (his) jugular vein. (16))

Sura Qaf (The Letter Qaf)

for more detials visit this link(The Righteousness & Methods of Thought - Calling For Thinking )

jr

religion is a way of controlling the population thru fear.

chiquita

Debbydoesnothing has the right idea! I agree with her. We would have nothing if it were not for G-d. He made everything - the earth, people and even Ipads. It all came from our Creator! We are nothing without G-d. We will live again and again and take with us what we have learned and apply it to our next life. Our souls are eternal and one day we will be one with G-d. "Each knee will bend, each tongue will speak G-d's name."

confused in k-town

Fascinating Cinderf*inrella! But this line is eroneous:>>NASA would be able to tell, if I showed them the picture I have.<< as NASA cannot be trusted to tell the Truth.

Cinderf*ckinrella

confused in k-town 1 day ago

________________________________________________________

Yes, Confused in K-town, you are most likely right, they are a part of the government after all. :) I supposed if I went and searched their web-site pictures, I might come across it & recognize it. So much to do, so little time.

confused in k-town

Mr. Hawking doesn't exactly say he doesn't believe in God, just that he doesn't believe in Heaven or an afterlife. Perhaps Mr. Hawking believes in the idea of God without believing in the idea of Heaven? I was raised Catholic, but do not believe in the Catholic's idea of God being a judgemental male image on a throne. That idea doesn't jive with my idea of an eternal God having no image but being pure energy. My idea of God is the perfect balance of the Creative Principle. Thought gives birth to Matter which reflects back upon Thought; the Source.

This is what I experienced for 10 seconds at the age of 23: a pure white radiating light coming out of everything! The ground, trees, sky, my hands, which led me to believe I was witnessing God.

Never believed in a Heaven or a Hell as that doesn't seem logical, but have always believed that what the earthly eye sees is not all there is.

Those shades of grey are mighty interestin. Just ask NASA.

bm

God doesn t take this lighly, hopefully they have a handicap spot for him in helllllll........lol

Melvin spinoza

I wish Hawking to see this:His nurse says his wife abuses him daily.The Court must evict her and grant a divorce by court order to protect the incompacitated human being if necessary and give her not one cent.He needs no wife anyhow,Certainly not an abuser in his condition.Too many of Hawking's statements have no merit,so all are subject to criticism.

Jonathan CHM

Hawking explained, 'I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fall. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers, that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.'

The explanation has been found not to be justifiable in reality due to the following reasons:

a) How could we compare computers and human beings in the sense that they are of two different natures? Computer does not have soul and yet human beings have soul. Besides, Computer’s system is very rigid and not flexible and creative and yet human mind is not subject to restriction and can be very creative. As computers and human beings are in two different natures, how could he link up the two to conclude the non-existence of after-life.

b) There is no relationship between heaven and computer. Computer is limited in size and yet heaven is unlimited in space. As there is no relationship between computer and heaven, how could he link up this to human life to be computer and conclude that there is no heaven?

Hawking hater

That Stephen is a delusional, closed-minded, and hypocritical know-it-all as are the boneheads who agree with him. Who is he to tell other people that Heaven isn't real? Such a shallow jerk he and his butt-kissing followers are. Can't the get past physical sense?

If Stephen and everyone like him think that science can solve every problem and answer every question, they're sadly mistaken. Nobody knows everything.

Just because nobody alive today has seen Heaven , it doesn't mean that it's not out there.

All of you people who don't believe in an afterlife don't know what you're missing. If you don't believe in afterlife, fine. Just don't try to make other people believe you. Keep your beliefs to yourselves!

If anyone asks me, Hawking and all of his followers can burn in Hell for all I care.

Tato Sugiarto

TORTOISE (Hinduism) and DRAGON (Taoism) are symbols for ENERGY or WAVE, both are analog with MAGEN DAVID (Judaism). "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" is the metaphor, also seven times circling around the Ka'ba and oscillating in the Sa'i during the Hajj.
"A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME - From the Big Bang to Black Hole" by Stephen W. Hawking is the best scientific interpretation of AL QUR'AN by a non believer. It is also a “genuine bridge stone” for comprehensive study of Theology. Surprise, this paradox is a miracle and blessing in disguise as well. So, it should be very wise and challenging for Moslem scholars to verify my discovery.
NeoSUFI visionary strategic thinking.

Tato Sugiarto

PHILOSOPHIA PERENNIS.

The Old Lady’s TORTOISE (Hinduism) and DRAGON (Taoism) are symbols for WAVE (energy), both are analog with MAGEN DAVID (Judaism). "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" is the metaphor, and also similar with allegory of rituals Thawaf circling around the Ka'ba and Sa’i oscillating along “the sinus” Marwah-Shafa (seven times) during the Hajj pilgrimage (Abraham). CROSS is a symbol for “Balance of Nature.”

"A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME - From the Big Bang to Black Hole" by Stephen W. Hawking is the best scientific interpretation of AL QUR'AN by a non believer. It is also a “genuine bridge stone” for comprehensive study of Theology. Surprise, this paradox is a miracle and blessing in disguise as well. So, it should be very wise and challenging for Moslem scholars and others to verify my discovery.

I am just an “ordinary people,” so would you mind to verify my point of view. Thank you.

Tato Sugiarto

PHILOSOPHIA PERENNIS.

I am just an “ordinary people,” so would you mind to correct my point of view. Thank you.

Previous 15 Comments | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments