Lampanelli -- Westboro Protest

= $44,000 for Charity

5/21/2011 4:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lisa Lampanelli counted 44 protestors from the Westboro Baptist Church at her show last night -- so, as promised, she's donating $44,000 to a gay rights charity in their name.

0915_lisa_lampanelli_Reg_TMZ_01Lisa said she'd fork over $1,000 to the Gay Men's Health Crisis for every protestor that showed up to her show in Topeka, Kansas -- home of the WBC -- as a way of sticking it to the anti-gay group.

After the show, she tweeted, "Thanks to these a-holes, $44,000 will be donated to the GMHC!!!"

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

Lizzimer - Since Superman does take the Bible literally, we don't want to tire him out. I am more than sure he must be busy now, studying "The Book" for tomrrow's sermon (oh wait, he knows EVERYTHING & he is always Right!) and not involving himself with something below his righteousness, like blogging on a gossip website! :O
p.s. I heard Superman (the character) was bisexual...............I wonder if he'll change his blogging name now?

CB

Thank you, this was a great thing to do!!!

Tony B

I LOVE YOU LISA LAMPANELLI!!!

HI HARVEY!!!

DaveD

Shes so funny!

Barbie

Awesome!!! What transformations would take place in our world if more people responded to hate in such a fashion!!

Thank you!!!

renee

westboro claims 100 followers i just believe statistically theres gotta be one gay/lesbian hidin up in there

KAC

great idea...hope more follow this example. these people are NOT Christians and are the EXACT opposite of a true Christian.

Staceyann Dolenti

Wow ~ awesome idea. All stars should adopt this method. What a great way to support!!!

Staceyann Dolenti

Marlon

Hopefully other celebraties may join Lisa. I do not understand why pick out homosexuals only. How are they a threat and not others? Last time I check the bible also condemn adultery, ***********, and drunks. Maybe they envy the courage from the homosexual community to be able to be open in the public.

Hassenpfeffer

Bitch blocked me on twitter for a lame ass joke. Fragile bitch. I'm @DaHassenpfeffer

Chris

People love to hate. It makes them feel good about themselves, at least at first. If you use Westboro's actions to prop up your own bigotry against certain groups (such as Christians), then you are exactly like they are (only _you_ don't have the balls to be as unfashionable), and they have won. Or--and I suppose this is a better way to put it--you have both lost. Please try to fight hate with love. If you find that you can't--then maybe you need God more than you thought.

stupid woman

*******s that got 44,000$ donated to charity, because if none of them showed up no money got donated... some people will only look at one side of things. bite lip over head if liberal plz

shes a beast

Shes not funny,ugly as horses ass and $44,000 poorer.**** a bunch of ***ots

Janet K

Lisa is a hero to all except to WBC. I can't wait until one of their own comes out of the closet. I will also be at Fred Phelps funeral with 1000 sign Ding Dong Fred Phelps is dead.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4