Children's Services Visits Mariah Carey

5/26/2011 2:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Social workers from the LA County Department of Children and Family Services will arrive at Mariah Carey's house any moment to conduct a formal interview with the singer -- after receiving an anonymous complaint that she drank a beer while breast feeding ... TMZ has learned.

0526_mariah_carey_TMZ_ex

DCFS launched the investigation after someone complained Mariah drank a Guinness in the hospital after giving birth to her twins about a month ago. We're told DCFS social workers will ask Mariah about the widely reported incident and interview others in the house as well.

The investigation is curious because hospital workers were closely monitoring Mariah and fully saw what was going on in her room. Sources tell us someone from the hospital told Mariah it would be beneficial to drink a dark beer -- like a Guinness -- to assist her in lactating.

We're told Mariah took the advice and drank a Guinness and in no way hid what she was doing from hospital staff -- assuming it was fine to do.

Several people connected with DCFS are privately critical of the agency for honing in on anonymous tips against celebrities ... and devoting "extensive resources" when the agency should be looking at serious cases of abuse.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

themare

Social Service should mind their own business. Guiness lets the milk down in new mothers. It's a well known fact.

Jenna

People are ridiculous. The nurses told me the same thing when I was breastfeeding and its actually been proven that having a beer is good for it. Something about the hopps and milk production. I cant believe someone would waste child protection services time on this. They need to follow up on all complaints but shame on this person. THIS is NOT a valid reason.

Kristina

WASTE OF TIME! i would bet a million dollars that mariah carey will never abuse her children. she'll just give them nannies!

DCF should worry about the thousands of children that are sexually abused as infants. the kids that are chained to toilets and tell their teachers and do nothing!!!!!

F*CKING SH*T

Mebal Zahari

She's a slob.

Bwahaha

It is sad for these babies...they will soon get lost in one of her jiggly belly rolls. Hopefully dcfs removes the children as a proactive measure. It is well known that Mariah is a feeder, her ultimate desire is to weigh in at 1000 lbs. There was a special on TLC last week.

roseycakes

very common for a breast feeding women drink a stout beer,
for the extra b vitamins, and extra calories for the milk production.

callie

people need to BUTT THE HELL OUT!! As long as she wasnt DRUNK while feeding, the kids are FINE!

Robbin

My DOCTOR prescribed beer IN the HOSPITAL as well to start lactation with my first child. I hate beer and I drank it anyway and it worked! This investigation couldn't be more bogus. Doesn't CPS have children that are in real danger to protect?!

mjfan212

its so sad that stars have to deal with this i rem someone called on the jackson's this is wrong but im glad false or true that cps comes and check it out a lot of kids cnt speak so someone has to speak up for them even if the info is false :(

mia g

I'm from australia and it has been a established practice to give breast feeding mothers a glass of guiness a day to aid lactation .perhaps minimium wage under qualified childrens services shoul check with a actual pediatrician

juanita

that is bull ****... as others have said, my doctor even said to have a beer is good because it helps increase milk production which is good because SHE HAS TWINS!!!!

Stacy

If this story is true then it's really sad that anyone would harass Mariah Carey like that at such an important time in her life. Shame Shame

Andrea

Oh man… then they need to investigate every Hispanic nursing woman because in our culture we are taught that A (ONE) beer every once in a while while nursing helps with the production of milk.

Queen B

Yeah my daughter is 7 weeks today and I drank a beer when I was breastfeeding BECAUSE IT STIMULATES THE MILK PRODUCTION!!! I was not producing enough to keep up with my daughters intake and the beer helps that. Jesus leave her alone. Shes a new mom and is adjusting and only going by what she is told or read.

Home Skillet

In support of all lactating mothers, I am going to drink this six pack of Guinness. Cheers!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments