Fire Destroys the Home of Country Star Trace Adkins

6/4/2011 5:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Tennessee home of country music star Trace Adkins was destroyed by a fire this afternoon, but everyone in the home got out safe.

0604_trace_adkins_bn_WSMV
A babysitter was home with the children at the time of the fire. Adkins' wife Rhonda told WSMV the family had a fire plan in place.

Rhonda was not home at the time and Trace is traveling to Alaska.

Brian Goss, the Asst. Fire Chief for the Brentwood Fire & Rescue Dept., tells TMZ the fire started in the garage and spread up the walls and to the attic -- but the cause was not yet known.

There was one injury that was somewhat related to the fire. A neighbor rushed over to help save the family dog -- and the dog bit him. The neighbor was taken to the hospital and is expected to recover just fine.

LongJohn69

I think it was an inside because all they found was Trace evidence.

coco

Is that a double-wide?

Linda S. Boggs

So glad that everyone got out safely....allthe rest is just things.....My heart goes out to Trace, Rhonda and their family.....

Wocka

In this case, let's get our priority straight. Is the dog OK?

Pound Sand

Brett no kidding. I hope they don't start fires smoking their weed in their mama's basement tonight.

writenow

Oh no! I've seen his home and he built a lot of it. Poor guy. I know his friends will rally round. Trace is the BEST.

McG

This has the makings of another country music classic:

"My house burned down, and my dog bit the neighbor (insert steel guitar here), gotta find me a beer real quick, 'cause all my crap didn't mean a lick..."

I know you're all singing along.

Muppet

Am so glad the family is safe! Love this man's singing!

Sherry

Before ANYONE else comments anything NEGATIVE on here, STOP AND THINK about something please, THESE ARE HUMAN BEINGS!! Who cares how rich or poor, city or country, any of us may or may NOT be?? We ALL have feelings and right now the ADKINS family have suffered a tragic loss. SHOW SOME RESPECT OR GET THE HELL OFF HERE!! I, too, live in the same county and don't care how much money ANYBODY has, right now they need COMPASSION, not your cruel comments. Really though, they don't need you at all if you are that kind of person. Bless the whole Adkins family and I am thankful you all are safe.

Pound Sand

Sherry I could not agree more. It is so unreal that anyone finds humor in someone's loss and pain. This is a very traumatic experience for anyone to deal with regardless of the amount of money someone is worth. I do hope someone finds compassion for them if they face a tragic loss, but somehow I doubt that would happen.

dd

Oh please it's the best way to get rid of a house u can no longer afford, plenty of of people in the entertainment industry do it in L.A., everyone including doggie is safe so that's great.

Stretchnuts

Good he is not even country fU** him He is sad

charlie

I'm sure it was some crazy liberal who did it, lots of them in LA

Sandra Brown

What is wrong with people today any fire anywhere is a devastating event. And Trace did not try to kill his wife she just shot him. If you don't know what you're talking about shut your stupid mouth.

Sharon Martin

Trace and Ronda Jack and I just want to let you both know that you are in our prayers, and we are so great full that the kids are all okay.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments