'Friday' Producers Hit Back At Rebecca Black

6/17/2011 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The company that produced Rebecca Black's hit "Friday" says it was "blindsided" by the singer's demand to pull the video off of YouTube -- and is taking a shot at the singer for not calling them first.

Rebecca Black Friday

A rep for Ark Music Factory tells us "We’re disappointed, having been in good faith negotiations with Rebecca Black and her representatives for months regarding any open issues."

The rep continues, "There’s been an ongoing, open dialogue with our company.  So we were blindsided to get a Take Down Notice -- with no notice -- alleging copyright infringement instead of a call or email from Rebecca’s representatives."

AMF adds, "We are going to continue to take the high road and work out the complaint as soon as possible."

Tom C.

Really? Nobody cares about this crap.

dman

Just because something gets a million hits on youtube doesn't mean it's worth anything.

Norba

I would like to see her do more bad songs and videos.

Norba

Norba

I would like to see her do a bad song and a bad video -- and for every day of the week.

Norba

Tammy

I am sick of seeing her face!! Serious, she needs to go!!

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

Seems like this little ho has gotten down the lewd crude celebrity skank act down great, if she could only sing she'd have the whole package of celebrity s***.

wasted days and wasted nights

Man, I regret not getting around to listen to it while I had the chance.

t4trble

I for one am and fan of any young entreprenour who has the guts to put out any music video.If this were a young black male LA rapper, everyone would be backing him up and the ACLU and everyone else would be up in Ark Musics grid and crying foul. But no, its a single white female from Orange County - and how dare she succeed!!! Clearly she would not be able to pull the video if it weren't her legal right to do so. I bought her song and I play in every Friday, from my ipod and my itunes - and I own an audio company and I am female, hear us ROAR!!!!!!!!!!! Go Rebecca!

Norba

Love My Fans 5 minutes ago
MEMO TO REBECCA BLACK AND HER PARENTS: Rebecca was and is a NOBODY. She was a NO ONE until ARK helped her by making her video including the rap chorus performed by an ARK owner and producer which actually makes the video a lot better. You are the typical nobody who has fifteen minutes of fame and thinks that you are the best thing out there...when you're NOT. HOW ABOUT THIS: ARK PULLS THE ENTIRE "RAPPING" PORTION IN THE CAR COMPLETELY OUT OF THE VIDEO? TEAM ARK!

_________________________________________________________

I understand what you're saying but don't you want to hear her do a song called like MONDAY OR TUESDAY?

Norba

brenda

Dumbing down of musical taste continues...

Norba

If she did a song called THURSDAY then we could play it and watch the THURSDAY music video the day before Friday.

To remind us that the following day is FRIDAY and that we can then play her FRIDAY mp3 and mp4 at that point in time.

I actually wish there were more days in the week.

dimples

Team Rebecca! ARK RUINED her image with that horrible song/video/ autotuneage. She is simply trying to correct that image now, that they (ARK) are responsible for. Not a single other artist with ARK right now looks much better than Black did, they all seem like jokes, & I hope all those young girls wise up like Becca did!!!!

Liferebooted

If you're sick of her quit wasting your time reading the articles about her and commenting on them, until then keep looking like idiots.

Norba

Personally I'm way-Jonesing for her XMAS album.

... so I can hear her sing "Jingle Bells" and "Rock Around The XMAS Tree."

Separate music videos for both, hopefully.

Kevin

Well ARK, Rebecca was blindsided by your enabling a $2.99 rental on "Friday".

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments