Justin Bieber & His Mom -- All Cool with NYPD

6/25/2011 5:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Justin Bieber's run-in with a plainclothes NYPD officer on Thursday ruffled some feathers -- but Biebs and mom Pattie Mallette told our photog last night at LAX ... no hard feelings.

0625_justin_beiber_mom_video_tmz
Our law enforcement sources tell us Bieber's security was kinda jerky in the way they handled the the whole thing.

SURFCOWBOY

poor biebs!

Kathi j

Why shouldn't you be okay with the police? They were only trying to protect your scrawny little butt! Jeez!!! Poor little princess!

LoudMouth

I don't know or I don't care about ANY of this. All I know is that if he doesn't take off the Tigers baseball cap, and soon, I will have to end my life-long following of the team. Doesn't Detroit get enough grief without him bringing more shame to the city?

justsaying

I still trying to figure out what is so facinating about this kid. For the life of me, I just don't get it.

ttboy

take off the size sticker, you steeeeeuuuupiiid little p r i c k

bunny

Holy smokes his mom looks so young!

whatIsay

He is a kid... Leave him alone! and to the dude who was shoving papers in Justin's face... Ha Ha he didnt sign your forms... i'll bet you were trying to sue him and now its epic fail on TMZ.. We all saw it!! Ha Ha!!!

Bubba

@justsaying I am in the same situation like you and thus far nobody has been able to educate me on this subject.

nmks

@LoudMouth Good grief, worry about the shame the Lions bring to the city everytime it takes the field.

LoudMouth

The Lions are no longer the laughing stock of the league. Update your NFL knowledge. No take off the cap Justin.

Damon

Plain clothes cop = creepy older guy approaching a 17 yr old.

How can a plain clothes cop cite someone when they are in street clothes?

Any random person in street clothes could say they're a cop, that's what his personal security is for!

A screaming teenager is one thing but a grown man approaching sends out red-flags!

Ty

Whats the word beyond stupid. How can these cops expect to be recognized if theyre in plain clothes and then the security sees them quickly approaching the celebrity. Of course they seem like a threat and in all that noise nobody hears anything plus lots of stupid cr*p is being said. It even makes little sense and is not expected to have undercover cops guarding him because the uniform itself serves as a deterrent. Nobody was expecting them there and the security acted as they should.
This should definitely not be turned around like its Justin crews fault. Its the cops fault. But their ego was bruised so now theyre complaining...

nmks

@LoudMouth I do know that the Lions haven't had a winning season since 2000. I do know that the Lions embarrassed the city in 2008 by losing all its games even with Culpepper. At least they weren't a total embarrassment last year since 6 teams had a worse record than them.

static

Hey Justin's mom....call me!

jep