Denise Richards Adopts Newborn

6/29/2011 5:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Denise Richards has adopted a newborn baby ... TMZ has confirmed.

0629_denise_richards_getty_exd_2

It's a girl, who is now a few weeks old.  Denise named the baby Eloise Joni, after her mom Joni, who died in 2007.

The biological mother gave birth in the U.S.

Eloise joins Sam, 7, and Lola, 6, in the Richards brood.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

bobinator

Eloise is my middle name. Congrats to Denise and family.

Barbara

Does Charlie have to support this child too...as far as I know he is her only source of income.

tracy

How odd that she can qualify for adoption given the sometimes rough situation with Charlie and her being a single mom, yet so many other couples can't seem to adopt a newborn.

lou

I don't blame her for doing it on her own after having rageaholic Charlie Sheen as the father of her first two.

Donna

Congratulations Denise

Nope

At: "Denise Richards Adopts Newborn"

Oh. My. God.

At: Pentta (see above rant)

What?

Sonja

She either had this arranged, bought the child or it was a less than top list baby.. meaning the mother was black, or of questionable background... not American ... They love to say gays can't adopt either but if it's a 12yr old with behavior problems they have no problem letting a gay couple adopt the 'states problem' .. a new born, white baby.. forget about it.

Ginger

This is odd. She has 2 little girls already. Oh well, I wish her and the kids the best of luck.

Pentta sweetie, get out a bit more, maybe go to a movie or do a bit of shopping. You seem a bit cross today.

worried

Pentta you're a JERK!!

Make it stop

@ pentta (John)...wow you sound like a real douche!!! Do the words get a life mean anything to you???

caroline

My sympathies to your parent's. I pray they have other children, so they wont feel their youth & efforts raising you were a waste.

dena

Congratulations to the entire family. The BEST thing she ever did was get away from Charlie Sheen. My guess is everything she said about that man was true.

kitnplayn

When you are handing out babies and you have their best interests in mind, how is it good for a baby to be destined to be lacking of a natural, healthy, masculine+feminine parental environment? If natural children are born into that cir****tance, that's one thing, but all these single parent and gay adoptions are going to create one hell of an emotionally messed-up youth culture in the next generation. I guess "I want a baby" is more important than the best interests of the baby in the American elitist culture.

karen darvin

Pentta I hate everyone t oo.i'[m not fat though. i am pretty good at hula hooping and I never make fun of people unless it'[s in a fun way.Homos, well, probably not all homos on here but so what, h omos are pretty dam cool.I am glad you enjoyed your ********.soo what are you so angry about if it's al so good?sit down, have a cup of tea and tell me all about it. i have a great j ob and only have to work 6 hours a week. I get people to sample our alcohol brands we represent, last week it was "Captain Morgan 100.My mom just gave me a very trendy hip car in what i call "Grandma Grey."I live on diet dr inks and ice cream c ones and some of the food the guinea pigs eat.people interest me and I find these c omments to be a view of society that is both fascinating and frightening.I get y ou. do you get me?

NOLA

Why is it necessary to note that the biological mother gave birth in the United States?
Is that TMZ's way of saying a celebrity adopted a white american baby, or that even if the baby is black...at least it's not African?
Either way, it's in poor taste.
Why should it matter to anyone where the baby was born?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments