Clerk Loses It While Reading Anthony Verdict

7/5/2011 12:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The clerk who read the verdict in the Casey Anthony murder case was rendered SPEECHLESS when she saw the words NOT GUILTY on the document ... or so it seemed.070511_casey_anthony_verdict_v4_still

Check out the video ... the clerk chokes up when the judge hands her the documents ... and has to regain her composure before delivering the news to the courtroom.

tetrakiss

The jury mulled over this for two long years. Justice is justice, innocent until proven guilty. TV and media set it up to rally viewers toward ratings, not fairness. I believe in the system because what a dark day it would be to send the innocent to serve out the punishment o*****uilty person. I'm not saying the system is perfect but we have it there for a reason. If, in fact, she did dodge this bullet... well, I'm a believer of divine justice and nothing, in my belief, escapes that ultimate demise.

We kind of have to take into consideration that all odds were against her and she was still found not guilty of the murder. If this were true then I would best put our tax dollars to finding out the truth behind this beautiful little girl's death and veer away from Casey.

EvilPromise

Picking at blind straws there Harvey.
Clearly this clerk had dry throat or something because she had a heavier pause and totally Misread a lesser verdict later in the readings.

OMG, WAIT! Now will we see TMZ interview/stalk her, her children, estranged grandfather who was born black, or how about footage of her losing her virginity in a Toyota!!
Oh the possibilities!!

:>

Wow

I wonder if those jurors, those stupid men and women, would have convicted Casey had she been 35 years old (not 25), 250 pounds, and disgusting looking. Instead, they fell for the looks of a young, pretty girl.
Had there been a disgusting looking face on the other side of the defense table, they would have seen her for the monster she is.
Disgusting.

gerry

The prosecution did not prove she killed the child. Courts are different from television shows with talking heads. Evidence is required. Regardless of personal feelings, the jury did its job.

ed

its ok, the clerk probably got choked up because this decision confirmed that women are not subject to the laws of our land. those were tears of joy from the clerk, because now she can safely go and murder her husband.

jaye

Doesn't mean she didn't do it, just that the DA didn't have enough evidence to prove it. She'll have to live with whatever she did and I don't see her having a happy life. You'd have to be a cold S.O.B to not be concerned when your daughter is missing for over 30 days while you're partying and lying about where she was.

Phil

No she wasnt. She said "not guilty, oh sorry, guilty" or something like that. She didnt sound choked up to me, she just read it wrong.

Phil

^ Ok thought you were talking about a different part, didn*****ch the video. Sounds to me she lost her place reading, but still there was no "choked up" going on.

Uh

When are you "TMZ staff" look a likes going to understand a trial is not about justice or even if the defendant executed the crime being charged with...it about whether or not they violated the law.
You all sound like those "TV" legal types, you know, the ones who are self-entitled "experts", those who have found it's much more lucrative to work for the media and leave their ethics behind.

Donna

If you have never sat on a jury and had to decide someone's fate ......don't throw stones. It's the hardest thing I've ever had to do.
When the prosecution can't even submit as to HOW the child died.....how can you convict any person of killing her? That's why she got off. There was NONE of her DNA anywhere near the body or around it.
You can't send someone to the electric chair because you THINK they did it.
No one is saying she didn't do it (except Jose)....what they are
saying is...... THERE WAS REASONABLE DOUBT!

jackie

I would love to slap those Dr Spock ears right off her face.

Ian

@Sonya in Tx, Give me a break. Cowards? A coward would have given the verdict that the media and all the bored housewives who watch Nancy Grace came to months ago. These jurors can't be faulted for the lack evidence from the prosecution. If you can't give a cause of death or a time of death you're going to have a hard time overcoming reasonable doubt. I pray you never make it on a jury.

jackie

I would love to slap those Dr Spock ears right off her face.

me