'CSI' Star -- Charged for 'Hillbilly Heroin'

7/7/2011 2:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former "CSI" star Gary Dourdan has been charged with drug possession -- after officials determined he was carrying oxycontin when he smashed into several parked cars in Hollywood on June 13.

0706_gary_dourdan_getty_ex_5

The L.A. City Attorney tells TMZ ... Dourdan was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.

Initially, cops believed Dourdan was in possession of ecstasy during the incident ... but it appears the pills were later ID'd as oxycontin -- a prescription painkiller also known as "hillbilly heroin."

As for the vehicular destruction Dourdan allegedly caused that morning ... he won't face criminal charges for that ... it's the insurance company's problem.

If convicted on all charges, Gary faces up to a year in jail.

0706_gary_dourdan_crash_scene_footer_wm

'Bachelor Pad 2' Cast Hits The Pool

Like a hangover after a wild night out, you knew the "Bachelor Pad" was coming.

0707_welcome_bach_launch

The reality TV competition -- where former "Bachelor" and "Bachelorette" contestants compete for a cash prize -- premieres August 8th on ABC.

There is one yet-to-be-named male contestant, which many suspect is "Bachelorette" bad guy Bentley Williams. Williams withdrew from the show after saying he wasn't interested in Hebert, only to come back in Hong Kong and tell her the same thing.

Of course, Jake Pavelka and Vienna Girardi will reunite for the first time since their blowout on "The Bachelorette: After the Final Rose."

Guess Who This Kid Turned Into!

Before he was Hollywood's dreamiest hunk -- he was just another kid growing up in the suburbs of London. Can you guess who he is?

0531_welcome_guess_who_launch

Wacky Celebrity Baby Names!

Natalie Portman and Benjamin Millepied reportedly named their newborn son Aleph -- but it's hardly the craziest celeb spawn name out there.

0707_welcome_names_launch
Who named their kid Pilot Inspektor? How about Moxie CrimeFighter? Check out the gallery for some of the most out there monikers!

Pruned People -- Guess Who!

These A-list celebs never forget their lines -- check out how they hold on to their SAG cards!

0513_wrinkle_celebrity_photos_launch

Mariah Carey Steps Out Post-Babies in NYC!

Mariah Carey is ready to show off her post-babies bod!

0707_welcome_mariah_launch
Carey stepped out yesterday for the first time since giving birth to twins, where she was flanked by what looked like a pair of personal trainers while entering her Manhattan apartment building.

The new mom, who gave birth to Moroccan and Monroe on April 30, looked comfy and slimmed down in a black sweatsuit.

According to EW, Mariah may join "The X Factor" as a possible mentor during the show's first season.

What's the Big Frigin' Difference?!

Focus in on these magical photos -- and see if your eyeballs are powerful enough to spot the subtle differences!

0512_difference_launch
**HINT -- There are THREE differences in the above pictures!**

Cyclin' Stars

These daring stars have taken to the streets on two wheels and risked it all on a motorcycle!

0513_motorcycle_stars_launch
B-B-B-B-B-Bad to the bone.

AdamJ

My daughter turned 16 last month and there was just no way we could afford to add her to our existing car insurance policy. I started shopping around for new car insurance and found this site: ( http://tinyurl.com/FreeRateReport ) I just put in my ZIP code and received four quotes instantly after filling out the form. By comparing rates we were actually able to include my daughter in our new policy and not pay anymore per month for car insurance than we were originally paying for just me and my wife!

JoanneVLavender

If Gary Dourdan had a prescription pain killer on him, and had a prescription for that pain killer, then the only thing he can be charged with is a DUI for driving while impaired on a prescription drug.

The article doesn't bother to mention whether or not he had a prescription for that particular controlled substance.

Koz

Why do you think they got rid of him on CSI. I knew he was a drugie from the first time I say him. He was playing himself just like Charlie was on 2 1/2 men

dlee

CBS did not kick him off CSI, he left on his own, wanted to branch out and do other things, unfortunately the only thing I see he has done is get himself in trouble.Never understood why actors leave top rated shows that pay well only to not be hired for anything else? can't figure that one, seems like a bad move. He should hire Jose Baez, he'll get him off!

Sue

He lost his job on CSI drug addict I don't feel sorry for him. He has to grow the F--- up

weedo9

I Will lay you odds he does not spend one day in jail.

Lynna Bell

It appears that the Nightly News and the Internet do NOT agree. CASEY was NOT Convicted. She was innocent. Internet protocol state that WEBPAGES are loaded some TEN Years in advance, presupposing a VERDICT< When the Purported information is INACCURATE and DEFAMATORY it is grounds for MAJOR Law Suits in Libel. Libel is still ACTIONABLE. See the Court RECORDS as Public Information......INNOCENT

CAROL

GARY DOURSAN WHEN I SAW YOU ON CSI I WAS SO PROD TO ANOTHER BLACK MAKE IT TO THE FILM ACT I ALWAS PRAY THAT EACH BLACK THAT
MAKE IT TO THE TOP DONT GO TO DRUGS STAY ON TOP SO WE CAN HAVE HOPE FOR ONE OTHER I WILL STILL PRAY FOR YOU ALL AND THE OTHERS THAT MAKE IT TO THE TOP THAT HAVE FAITH IN GOD TO KEEP THEM ON THE RIGHT PATH AND I PRAY YOU GET ON THE RIGHT PATH AND STAY WITH GOD LOVE GARY PRAY FOR US ALL THAT DRUGS STAY OUT OF OUR LIFE FOR EVER CAROL

Jose

Well is a very comon problem now a days, having prescription drugs , thinking is ok to use em at any time, even driving? is a no no no!

PureRadiance

I liked him on CSI. I thought he was good on that show. His habits outside the show are a bit surprising ummm wait no its Hollywood how could I be surprised. They make to darn much money and throw it in their veins up their nose because they have to much of it. Give me some of the money I can spend it on things like my children educations, nice vacations, good food oh yes I can think of ways to relieve you Hollywood people of your money yes I can!

Jene

Stupid id as Stupid does! These stars have it all and yet they are never satisfied! Too bad, really did enjoy his acting!!

Linda

What a waste of talent, good looks and God given blessings. I'd like to smack him upside the head. Where is the man's MOTHER??
What self preservation mechanism is missing when a person with so much to offer has such low self esteem he is hell bend on self distruction.

jiujitsu

robert you are so typical in yout ignorance.I just love little petty mouthbreating bigots like you.You get so brave on the internet but when in public you run around with your tail between your legs.

Thom

Tell me again why no charges were filed for the wrecks????

david

ave joe you need to check your facts all the stores are selling things from other countries even when they say made in america all the cars have parts from different countries and only put together here in america learn the facts

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments