Casey Anthony -- America's Most Hated?

7/17/2011 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's been almost two weeks since Casey Anthony was found not guilty of killing her daughter Caylee -- and it seems the American public will never forgive her.

0715-casey-anthony-nobanner
So we gotta ask ...

christy

HEY EVERYONE CHECK ON MR BAEZS CELL PHONE WHERE IS PING TO ? FIND OUT WHERE IS CASEY LIVE? ALSO CHECK ON MR BAEZS PHONE BILLING THAT HE CALLED CASEY THAT WHERE SHE LIVE IN SOMEWHERE!?

ALSO, I BET CASEY AND MR BAEZ LIE TO INTERVIEW AND WASTE MONEY!

karen

It just occured to me that you are testing the waters to see how many people are interested in Casey Anthony. I dont care about her. It's children that I love and adore. The children need a voice and it's Caylee's death that made me look. I just want her to rest in peace. God Bless Her:

Julieq

I live in Orlando. It is just sad that we did such a bad job in court that this women is free and a child is dead. Now she will become wealthy from the death of her child. Bad of me to say however, may karma come her way very very soon.

Pegasus

Grace is the former Georgia prosecutor who became a television legal commentator, first on Court TV and, more recently, on Turner Broadcasting's HLN cable channel. She's a snarling, angry presence whose habitual sneer is an epic chasm of contempt. Her view of the criminal justice system is flawlessly Manichean. There are good people — police officers and prosecutors — and evil people — defendants and their lawyers. Grace appears to have never met someone arrested who she believed should not be charged, nor anyone charged who should not be convicted.

This cartoon version of the criminal courts is justified by a damp-eyed concern for crime victims that a practiced Grace attributes — at the slightest provocation — to the death of her fiance during a robbery. Her own zealousness as an Atlanta prosecutor was such that the appellate courts three times cited her for failing to meet her ethical responsibilities. In 2005, the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals wrote that it agreed with a lower-court magistrate that Grace had " 'played fast and loose' with her ethical duties" as a prosecutor.

Precisely the same can be said of her conduct as a television journalist.

Anyone who had occasion to watch her relentless coverage of the recently completed Casey Anthony murder trial witnessed something quite new to the American news media: a mainstream news organization giving one of its commentators a nightly forum from which to campaign for the conviction of a criminal defendant. It was a campaign that continued after Anthony's acquittal with virtually nonstop on-air abuse of the jurors and defense attorneys. The impact of that torrent of contempt on jurors in future cases that come under Grace's gaze is yours to gauge.

In his argument to Pastor this week, Flanagan quite correctly said Grace's nightly commentary during the Anthony trial was "like a final argument by the prosecution." He went on to wonder: "How many final arguments do we have to face in this case? Are we going to face the one in the courtroom and the one when [the jurors] go home?"

On her show that night, Grace fired back: "The doctor charged in the death of music superstar Michael Jackson, killing him allegedly with a powerful propofol anesthesia, wants the jury sequestered, from me! From us! Claiming watching 'Nancy Grace' will prevent a fair trial; that the jury will be biased. So I guess that makes us, umm … the good guys!"

An attorney might be tempted to reply, "I rest my case."

Why does HLN, a sister channel of CNN, give Grace this sort of abusive license? The answer is simple: Ever since it abandoned its straightforward news cycle some years ago, the one-time Headline News has struggled to find an audience — and, of course, revenue. An unremitting focus on sensational criminal cases — most of them involving missing or dead white women or children — with Grace's snarl at the center of the coverage has provided that audience. HLN's saturation coverage of the Anthony trial doubled its daytime ratings and nearly tripled its share of the lucrative prime-time audience.

Scot Safon, who runs the channel, told the New York Times: "I want to replicate this when the Conrad Murray trial starts."

Here's a question to consider: Is Turner Broadcasting's abuse of its power as a news organization through the biased coverage of criminal trials really any less a betrayal of public trust than the Murdoch tabloid scandal now underway in Britain?

rex

she has the ugliest back pimples i have ever seen, Pity whover doggies her next.

Pittslady

It would be great if everyone would stop making a child killer a celeb come on!!

Denise Bradford

I hope the Mafia gets to these pigs and gives them the justice they deserve. I hope they are paying attention to this . If Iknew how to contact them, I would

sc341

She is one evil skank.

jostrawberry

the sad thing is, if a black man had been charged with the same crime, and the same evidence was shown to the jury, he probably would have gotten the death sentence... :(

JOHN Gotti

Well if some one was to kill her I wanna be that persons, juror and trust me i would "VOTE" Not Guilty!! all he has to say in his defense is "IT SNOWBALLED OUT OF CONTROL" and I would believe him!! or her who ever gets the tramp first!

Ann

I cannot believe that casey refused to see her mother while in jail 3 weeks ago. This girl destroyed her parents lives, and she has the nerve to send them away like they hurt her. Her mother commited purgery for her for goodness sake. It just goes to show that we raise our children with a sense of intitlement these days. We need to start making them work hard and play less. Then maybe the would not get pregnant and kill their kids. SORRY, hide there bodies after they drown. (ya right)

Ann

I don't hate her, I feel sorry for her. Someday she will realize what she has done and it will then destroy her everyday for the rest of her life. I know there is a lot in my 20's i would love to take back.(not murder). But i grew up and now regret them. This will happen to casey, and god help her when it does. Maybe she will finally tell the world the truth, or we will have to wait for a death bed confession. That might not be to long off if she stays on the path she was on before she went to jail. It will not be long to see if she has grown up, or will return to the party girl she was. I don't pray for her, I pray for the father she hurt so much. Casey and her mother will have to deal with their actions. Her mom always had a big mouth.

susanne

Casey Anthony was tried in a Court of Law and found not guilty...we may not like it but thats the way its gonna be and stay. I dont think we will ever know if she really did it I mean there just wasnt enough evidence to convict her. The jury did the right thing they didnt vote with their hearts. I dont know what to beleive i am still undecided but I will say this why she wasnt convicted of child neglect is beyond me. Whether she killed her or not we will never know but a clear fact is she waited a month before reporting her daughter missing. I could go on and on as we all probably could but I think its time to accept the verdict and let her move on with her life she still has to live with the fact that she will never see her daughter again, to me thats punishment enough.

Holly

What the jury didnt get to a see, not that it seems anything would have made a difference to the Pinellas Pinheads.

Ocotober 14th 2008 Casey Anthony was arrested for murder. Before being transported to the County jail she was take to OC Sheriff's department. During the trip she had already invoked her right to counsel. At this point Caylee has been missing for 4 months and her mother had sold pictures of her to ABC for $200,000 dollars aka licensing fees.

Daisy in Florida

I love Nancy Grace. She tells it like it is. Casey is the devils wife and all of those that believe in her are the devils minions. Casey needs to be on death row.