NBC NEWS

WE DIDN'T OFFER CASEY

A RED CENT!

7/28/2011 11:39 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Casey Anthony Paid Interview
NBC News tells TMZ ... it did not offer Casey Anthony any money for an interview with her.

An NBC rep tells us, "NBC News has not and will not be in a bidding war for a Casey Anthony interview.  No money has or will be offered, no licensing or other arrangements.  If we were to conduct an interview it would be under our standards."

The rep confirms ... NBC did indeed foot the bill for Jose Baez' suite at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in New York City last week.  As we reported, Baez met with famed celeb lawyer Mark Geragos last Thursday in the hotel bar, discussing negotiating strategy and talking about the "big price tag" for the interview.

And sources connected with ABC insist there was indeed a bidding war between the networks.

ABC now says it will no longer pay for photos and videos connected with interviews.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Lkap1481

I hate that her face keeps coming up on this damn site. I hate it even more that I'm commenting on how much I hate it. TMZ, I beg you...STOP POSTING ABOUT HER.

Carl

I bet NBC felt the pressure when ABC claimed they weren't paying for interviews anymore, and just came up with this statement as a way to save face and make it seem like they planned this all along.

Buckaroobonzai

I truly believe that TMZ might actually make a positive difference in the world. They seem to be single-handedly stopping the networks from doing these terrible things. Though, they might get OJ off if they don't shut up about the judge. Harvey is such a drama queen!

Bubbles The Chimp

But.... NBC forgot to mention they will be paying for Casey's drinks at her next club booze night. The tab is $2 Million.

Candice

ABC paid her legal fees by giving her $200K for video and pictures. I have removed ABC from my channel line up. Any entity that gives Anthony money no longer gets my business. I have always removed FOXNEWS from my channel lineup as well.

Master Po

Hahah these house wives cant get over it. The baby killer is more wanted then them. Get over it ladies someone will pay and everyone will watch. No one give a s*it if you don*****ch or boycott. Because none of you dolts will stick to your word. Get off your soap boxes cause no one gives a sh*t, millions will watch the network will make millions and you will be at home heating up left overs like a good woman.

Bubbles The Chimp

At this very moment, Casey is in a hotel room practicing her 'crying on cue' skills for the interview.

Bubbles The Chimp

jen

PLEASE PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS SICK INDIVIDUAL...YEAH I GET IT SHE WAS FOUND NOT GUILTY OF MURDER..BUT WHY DID SHE LIE? WHY DID SHE HIDE THE BODY? C'MON PEOPLE...YOUR ARE GIVING HER PUBLICITY..IT MAKES ME SICK TO HEAR ABOUT HER OR EVEN SEE HER PICTURE..STOP POSTING ABOUT HER!

justpoor

I would rather leave a comment here as Casey will not get any money from here. No money for any of the Anthony's including lying Cindy and weepy bro. They were all in on it and let them get real jobs and support themselves.

Baez lied to the press, he was in NY trying to make a deal. Pond s*** around all of them.

Lovejac23

I told ya....I'd drop ya if ya printed another word about this murderous baby killing beast. Take care, TMZ! Over and out.

Judy

What a load of crap! You and I both know they were all ready to make a deal until they heard people were saying they wouldn*****ch nor would they watch their station ever again, I for one still say it doesnt matter if they pay her or not, she doesnt deserve to be heard, she has had enough time to tell the truth and she decided otherwise, Do Not give her a platform to tell more lies, I will still not be watching the interveiw nor will I tune into the channel that give her the time of day. There are hundreds of other channels I can watch without even missing ONE! Do they really think we are that damn stupid to think they would put Jose in a fancy hotel for nothing and they admit to a bidding war so what! they are going to pay for some crazy nice hotel and have a chance of getting her to do a interveiw for free? Please we are not as dumb as they look! The whole thing is a sick joke and I dont find the humor in it! Put her in a dump somewhere with the rest of her loser family and let them live amoung the dirty diapers, Isnt there where TRASH belongs?

jen

ok, come on CBS and FOX what are you waiting for...please join NBC and ABC and do not give ANYONE involved in the murder of caylee anything letalone money...effin screww her and her flying monkey lawyers and family too...hey tmz get her effin ugly arse face off the stories.....

raven

The time has past. I knew something else would bump this back to "no one cares anymore". We have moved on to other stories. If I missed the interview I would not care.
She is done for money opportunities.
Old news is old news in this day and age.
She is free to go live her life as best she can.

amh

Dear NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox, AMC, TNT, BBC, any media outlet
If you broadcast, print or otherwise distribute an interview with Casey or her attorney, we know you PAID, and that the money will be filtered to her in some manner.

Should this act occur, we (me and everyone I can contact by word of mouth, phone, social media and any other means I can find) will 1) no*****ch or read the interview 2) no*****ch your network for a period of no less than 1 year, regardless of our favotire shows 3) we will boycott any advertiser which advertises 5 minutes before the broadcast, during the broadcast and 5 minutes after the broadcast. We will not buy your products, or services.

You may think we are kidding but try us.

Regards