Warrant Pays Tribute

To the Late Jani Lane

8/13/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0813_warrant_video
Warrant dedicated their concert in North Dakota last night to Jani Lane -- punctuated by a performance of their classic song "Heaven" ... which was written by Lane and was actually their most commercially successful single.

Lane passed away on Thursday at the age of 47.

0812_jani_lane_footer

johnpenn

Hope he is no longer "closer to" Heaven but is definitely there. My condolences to his family and bandmates.

MeToYou

R.I.P.! I don’t know how you ended up where you were at the end. I do know that your band and many others from the Hair Band Era always kept a smile on my face, made me see that I could be someone. I know funny, isn’t it? You guys helped shape who I am today and what I do now. Thanks for all the great music and all the great live shows I seen.

Kriss

WOW...that was really good!

Jody Everett

I will always remember the look on my dads face when he heard "Cherry Pie"! It was priceless, mainly 'cause he himself was 6'4''!!

Tom-E Blunt

It's all about the new music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hcTvamaH6E

Jon

Damn I am gonna roll against the grain on this one... I did not think they sounded half bad considering the speakers were blowing out on that poor cell phone or recorder. I give them a 7.9 on a 10 scale.

Susan

I will always love you, sweet wonderful Jani. What a talented man. I know you had demons, most of us do. God bless your family and you. XOXOXOXO

Amanda

You need to find a better upload. This one has bad sound quality.

smileandshine

Beautiful in memory of Jani with his fans gave me chills. He would have loved that I am sure seeing how the music he would sing impact his loyal fans. And understandable why they never had any of the original members doing the talking at a hard time like this and doing this on stage would be hard. I know if I was one of them I would. RIP Jani!! Much love!

A

They DID kick him to the curb. Last year when he was arrested for yet another DUI, and all the papers kept saying Warrent's Janitor Lane arrested, they wasted no time releasing a statement saying do not associate him and his behaviors with the name Warrent, but hey, once he's dead, let's get all the publicity we can. I get why they said what they said last year, they were sick of the behavior, but you can't have it both ways. He is why they made it as big as they did, and like many bands who loose their original singer, not as much interest. God forbid any of them go thorough the demons, some self inflicted he was dealing with and someone turns their back on them.

A

Sorry, Jani Lane, not Janitor. iPad spell check sucks :)

GetYourShoesOn

I'm beginning to think our small city is cursed for bands. Weird Al's parents died when he was here, Ozzy re-fractured his leg, and now this. Why can't we get Black Eyed Peas or Justin Bieber in town!!?

Mike

Why is it that this is not in the news as much as Amy Winehouse. This guy was much better then her and she got more press. Talk about a jack up world.

audio1222

What bowling alley pub was this show at?? losers, go home and do something else.

Laurel

Jani Lane was "Warrant". Now that Jani is not in the band and not with us...May he rest peace. Maybe the band should find a new name since they aren't Warrant.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments