What Would You Do With

"Real Housewives"?

8/20/2011 12:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0819-russell-armstrong-cast-sub
The death of Russell Armstrong has put the spotlight on "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" and reality TV. Is it just plain ol' entertainment or has it crossed the line into the danger zone? We want to know ...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Joe

It is sad that shows like this exist. the producers dont care for the people and families. they care about the dollar. on camera they are probably saying they are sad the guy killed himself, but deep down they are so happy because it is ratings. one day these producers will have to answer for their actions.

Toby Kent

If I were in charge, I would continue the show but not have Taylor on it anymore. I'd replace her, and not mention her, the suicide, or her role on the show.

Joey Boots

Bravo is editing out all references of Armstrong obviously because they look bad and are trying to avoid bad press and litigation......the show should be shut down and scrapped....the end!

kitnplayn

TMZ you are the s*** of all media. You have reported the suicide, now shut up. You are so crass as to exploit him with voting suppositions. The man was a human being with family and friends, people who loved him. Your culture is heartless and unfeeling, and you should be ashamed of exploiting your position as a contributor to your culture. Harvey Levin, you are disturbed. Laugh if you want, but your desperation for attention is only a bandaid for your weak insecurities. You should get some help with that.

Kc

the crappy show shouldn't be canceled or held responsible for the actions of a single WEAK individual.

BrAnBa

Being a producer myself, I know that 99% of people joining films/shows/realityshows/gameshows etc have a perfect understanding of what is expected and the obligations involved. Then, if something goes wrong, they turn into victims and blame the productionteam hoping to get some dollars back. It happens ALL of the time.

If you sign that contract and "sell your soul to the devil" for 15 mns of fame (I don´t like realityshows) then you might get stuck with the devil for a long, long time!

snaffles

These people are pathetic losers who will live and die for their15min of fame. Real people could care less about these self-indulgent, vapid, barbie dolls.

If they were all on a plane that crashed the only people upset would be the producers who make the$$$$$ off of them and their plastic surgeons for the same reason.

fish

Enough already with all the reality TV crap on television. Give us more decent scripted shows like Mad Men or Breaking Bad or Entourge etc., you get the idea. I am sick to death of turning on the TV and finding nothing but so called, "reality TV" about towing cars, baking cakes , tattoos, housewives and every other mundane task a human being can come up with. What next? Reality "toilet" where we can watch celebrities take a dump? Come on. Enough is enough. I don'*****ch any of it, yet I can't escape any of it. All day and all night we are bombarded with so called "news" about what's happening to Snookie, Kim K, Lilo, Jlo, etc. WHO CARES. If you want the average intelligent guy to shut off TV FOREVER, keep putting this crap on television. I record 3 or 4 well scripted shows, watch some sports and go to see a few movies (very few, so much crap out there, but that's another story). If so called "reality TV" disappeared tomorrow I would throw a party and ALOT of people would show up. It's run it's course. Stick a fork in it. It's done.

fish

Enough already with all the reality TV crap on television. Give us more decent scripted shows like Mad Men or Breaking Bad or Entourge etc., you get the idea. I am sick to death of turning on the TV and finding nothing but so called, "reality TV" about towing cars, baking cakes , tattoos, housewives and every other mundane task a human being can come up with. What next? Reality "toilet" where we can watch celebrities take a dump? Come on. Enough is enough. I don'*****ch any of it, yet I can't escape any of it. All day and all night we are bombarded with so called "news" about what's happening to Snookie, Kim K, Lilo, Jlo, etc. WHO CARES. If you want the average intelligent guy to shut off TV FOREVER, keep putting this crap on television. I record 3 or 4 well scripted shows, watch some sports and go to see a few movies (very few, so much crap out there, but that's another story). If so called "reality TV" disappeared tomorrow I would throw a partye and ALOT of people would show up. It's run it's course. Stick a fork in it. It's done.

The Real JJ

For $50,000 hell naw! For a million, what time do i show up. LOL

tracker

no one{ i mean taylor] has said russell was an abuser.she never said it in divorce papers either.however the point now is mute..taylor for the sake of russells children.put a stop to these stories now..russell r.i.p

margaret

agreed with toby k. get rid of the money-whore. replace with slightly less money- whoring sweeter individual. perhaps with family money as to not create this dilemna again. then again, nobody with family money would be caught dead near this fail-show. so maybe we go with the talking monkey from the bronx. she will do... anything. and has been signed off. better luck next season!

Friend?

Why go on commenting on a guy who commited suicide, good journalism you think?

I haven´t seen or heard any police report or any report from any hospital that Taylor was beaten. Which doctor operates on a beaten woman and not report it when it´s the law?

And Taylor herself fights his parents because she wants Russell´s remains in LA and not in Texas, WHY if he was so such a horrible person?
I´m against domestic violence but this story is too fishy for me to believe. I think this show should be cancelled, it´s gone too far.

cal02738

why didnt you put a a vote box for
do you think taylor the skank killed
her husband?
because she pretty much did

aston

I'm not sure there should BE any reality shows.

What I am wondering is why all those middle-aged Hollywood wives want to look like retired strippers in silly outfits and flowing hair? Ingrid Bergman, Katharine Hepburn never looked like that. These women could look smart and impressive as their own age, well tailored and with good hair cuts. It's a bit sad.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments