What Would You Do With

"Real Housewives"?

8/20/2011 12:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0819-russell-armstrong-cast-sub
The death of Russell Armstrong has put the spotlight on "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" and reality TV. Is it just plain ol' entertainment or has it crossed the line into the danger zone? We want to know ...

Jen

I don't blame the show. Russel did a selfish act in a selfish way and now we want to point fingers but ultimately he is responsible for being a douche and leaving is family and children! There is a reason these people are on the show, it is because they have unstable lives to begin with, yes there should be some morals and scrupals with producers, but everyone has a choice and these people chose fame and exploitation!

Craig

The more you attack Bravo and The Real Housewives franchise, the more you force me to take a position that is stronger than what I actually feel in order to defend them. Reality TV didn't kill Russell - Russell killed Russell. He has a long history of abuse and failed marriages and business ventures...this was a long time coming. The people who sign up for these shows are adults who are responsible for their own decisions. Does going on reality tv cause turmoil for a lot of people? Absolutely. Is that reality tv's fault? In cases where producers provoke or stage drama, yes, I think they're at fault. But in a situation like this where REAL drama happened to unfold during filming, I think it's unfair to blame reality tv. Can't we just all take responsibility for our own behavior and choices instead of blaming other people for everything?

gigi

OMG TMZ readers ur so full of crap. Blame the show, blame Taylor, not have the show on, like you all wouldn't go on TV if offered??? Russel Armstrong was an ADULT, made his own decisions, and don't think ***** pushed him to live beyond his means. ALL DAY LONG men pretend to have and make more than they do to impress woman, and clearly Russel was unstable, having 3 kids from three different women, and if the homosexual stuff comes out to be true, well I have a story to tell you. Happened to me too. Had a boyfriend who had sex with me all the time, then out of the blue had like a dual personality, beat me one day over nothing we were on our way to get pancakes, then I busted into his email for answers and found his secret gay life in which he made videos professing his love for c*ck and sucking on a wine cooler and putting it in his bum. I have verifiable videos he made while I slept in the next room and I had no idea he was like that. He harbored a strange anger, still does as I know of two other women who dated him with same story. And I have a boyfriend who killed himself over an addiction so you NEVER KNOW PEOPLE. Blame Russel.

Tex

Was it wrong to put an abuser on the show? Yes or No. So he is now definitively absolutely positively an abuser? I am still on the fence on that one personally. A sketchy dude married to an even sketchier gal - hell yes. Guess we'll never know is all I'm saying because I don't trust Taylor.

Superstarsteve

Only if $50,000 could stop my sex scandals from surfacing. That's the thing, I would need more because there IS more, that I'd rather not share with the entire world. I've often wondered about the men behind the housewives. To make missteps or mistakes in front of the entire nation would magnify them. I'm not an emotional exhibitionist, but if you are, knock yourselves out...and do a reality show.

CountryGal

The guy was a s***bag and all his demons were about to be exposed. He chose to be on the stupid show noone forced him to go in front of the cameras. They even said he was trying to get paid for the 2nd season. His choice!! Hanging himself? His choice!
You all sound like a bunch of whiny liberals trying to blame anyone and everyone except for the douche who did it to himself.

cali

What's the new name of the show "Housewives of Beverly Hills and a Wannabe"

aquanet

This show didn't create his peronal, finacial and mental problems. He would have still had all three if the camereas were there or not. He would have beaten his wife show or no show. He did it before he was even on the show. If anything, it showed his wife what a loser he was to begin with and how bad he really treated her.

I say show him warts and all. Especiall if he agreed to and especially if he got paid for it.

tina

In my opinion it is not bravo's fault, there are multiple show's on this network alone where people have continued to live their lives with reality tv following them and being exposed to millions weekly, ie. Jeff Lewis, Top Chef, etc. What has happened, in my opinion, is the the Real Housewifes of anything, these people are living above their means. The economy sucks right now. People who are used to having everything - have nothing. People all over America and the world are suicidal due to financial instability right now and it has gone on for years. He is not the first person to do this and will not be the last. So to blame Bravo, reality tv, Taylor or anybody else is crazy.

joclo

STOP BLAMING THE SHOW!!!! PPL WHO COMMIT SUICIDE ARE STUPID!!! STOP FEELING GUILTY OR BLAMING OURSELVES BECAUSE A PERSON COMMITS SUICIDE!! THIS IS ALL RUSSELLS FAULT!! I LOVE THE SHOW AND ITS A GREAT ESCAPE TO WATCH AFTER A HARD DAYS WORK. I LOVE THE BRIGHT SUNNY EXTRAVAGANT LIFESTYLES..SHE SIGNED ON TO HAVE HER LIFE FILMED!!! ITS NOT BRAVOS FAULT AND THEY SHOULD SHOW EVERYTHING THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN FILMED AND THEN SOME!!!! PLEASE BRAVO DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ABOUT THE HOUSEWIVES!! I HAVE BEEN WATCHING SINCE IT BEGAN AND ITS AWESOME!!! EVERYONE ELSE IS JUST JEALOUS ITS SUCCESSFUL!!

Lynda

It is most apparent that the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" are damaged individuals. I recall in one episode Tyler stating she had "made it", because she had a home in Beverly Hills...now we come to find out she is alleging physical abuse. Some people will sell their souls and integrity for a little fame and a zip code. Tragic.

Teach172

Andy Cohen should follow Russell Armstrong! He developed this abortion!

donna glennon

taylor armstrong drove her husband to his death,not the bravo network!

aquanet

I dont understand why we always have to make saints out of the dead. IF the guy was a d-bag when he was a live, now he is just the same d-bag that died. Why does he deserve special or accomidating treatment to cover up who he really was. He agreed to be on the show, he may or may not have abused his wife, show him as he really was, make him no better or no worse. EDIT NOTHING

Rogue Warrior

Never watched the show, however in less than a weeks time, she's shown exactly who she is! No "reality" show needed, because "this" is reality folks! She's the co-king of spiteful bietches along with Oxskankity!