Chaz Bono on 'Dancing'

I'll Have a 'POSITIVE IMPACT'

On Kids with Gender Dysphoria

9/6/2011 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

090611_chaz_videoChaz Bono believes his stint on "Dancing with the Stars" will have a "positive impact on kids with gender dysphoria" -- and says it's "crazy" that people are boycotting the show.

Chaz appeared on "Good Morning America" and told George Stephanopoulos, "When I was growing up, if I would have seen someone like me on a show like this, it would have made all the difference in the world."

In the end, Chaz says he's just "a regular guy."

0906_dwts_footer

Mother nature

There are all kinds of people born in this world. Some with mental disabilities or born without body parts. Some even born without sexual genetalia, but the saddest and most pathetic people of all, are the ones born, to grow up to be hating morons like the majority of the posters on this site. Sad that their minds are so small, they can't feel compassion for people who have to live a lie their whole lives because o*****enetic malfunction of nature. Still, the absolutely SADDEST, most tragic fact of all, is that these same morons are going to be the people we are forced to leave this world to in the future. What a crappy world it's going to be. Go Chaz!

Mother nature

MzEm

Ppl, ppl... live and let live! Are there ppl in YOUR life dictating to you what you should and should not do? If there are, you need a reality check yourself! Last time I checked this was still America! Get over yourselves. You don't want to watch then don't, block the show/channel if you feel the need to. It's not that serious. There are so many other dire problems in the world to worry about than Chaz being on DWTS. You guys with your derrogatory comments are something else. Who made you judge/jury? Come on now, let Chaz be already! On a personal note to Chaz.. you go and do the best you can on DWTS, I'll be watching! Later for these ignorant ppl, do not make them count!! Ya hear?? ;)

Wendy

I don't really understand this?! Kids or just people in general who doesn't read entertainment websites or magazines for example wouldn't even know that he was once a woman but instead he would just be looked at as a person competing on a show like anyone else. The show is not about someone's gender and weather they like it or not it's about DANCING so lighten up for goodness sake! "Live and Let Live"

Fidel Sarcastro

Honestly I dont think that it will be all that positive of a message. I mean let me roleplay for a second, say I was a young girl who felt like a boy, having someone on tv whos a ugly fatass say "Woo its okay boys and girls to be like me" it might just scare me straight. I mean if its between being a girl or a really fat man I think I would just stick to being a girl. Now if they had someone like Rupaul, someone who could really rock the gender change then perhaps those who also felt as if they wanted to be something other than what they were would see a Person who could rock that look.

I mean Chaz looks like the sorta misshapen thing you would see waddling out of a Comicon or a Star Trek convention.

You take a gal who switched to a guy that turned out looking like Joe Manganiello now that would be someone who would inspire people to do the switch-a-roo.

Zambonie

this persons whole public life has been tmi

and s/he's not doing it for the chirruns
s/he's doing it for a big fat cheque
a lot of big fat cheques judging from the talk show circut run s/he's made
plus the print media and web interviews

And it's not called *gender dysphoria*
it's called *whaa whaa pay attention to me whaa whaa pay more attention to me whaa whaa*

Buster

Famous for doing absolutely nothing. I don't give a crap about his sex change. If he were not related to Cher no one would even care about that.

Willy Washington III

This non-star being on DWTS is a JOKE. How dare they put "it" on the show and try to force this down our throats. Maybe because everyone who works on the show is gay, and in this day in age we have to force being gay in all of our faces across network television. We are sick of it. I am this close to canceling my DirecTV and giving up television. How many dancing, singing, gay shows do we need? Everyone is NOT gay, why must we endure this BS?

Willy Washington III

One more thing, shame on you DWTS for stooping this low for ratings. We liked DWTS until this display of tasteless filth. I will not be surprised when "Chaz-sity" will make it until the end and "alllllmost" win just like you did with that fat ox Kirstie Alley. All you need is another black person to win and then all will be fair right?

mook

I hope Chaz becomes a positive role model and loses some weight.

lotus13

Whoa whoa whoa, all the hater comments below on TMZ. Harvey, i thought your viewers were more evolved. All the comments below are incredibly disrespectful. Will you ignore or address tomorrow on air? Or just erase? i know your staff won't feel so good, when they read the BS below.

GeminiDream

Give me a break people!! You are all narrow-minded, bigoted asses!! Do you honestly thinking he is going on this show to discuss transgender?? Most of you commenting have probably never seen the show. Are you all that insecure in your sexuality?? How does he being on the show affect YOUR life in any way???

Marko

He/She, needs to find a better way to get attention, you know like with some kind of talent....

Lala

We will not be watching DWTS... it NO LONGER offers the FAMILY VIEWING EXPERIENCE it ONCE did...

'I'm just a REGULAR GUY'... REGULAR GUYS don't have MASTECTOMYS, TESTOTERONE HORMONE THERAPY or VAGINAS... at least not any "regular guy" I know...

Lala

We will NOT be watching DWTS as it NO LONGER offers the "family viewing experience" it ONCE did...

'I'm just a regular guy'??? "REGULAR GUYS" don't have a MASTECTOMY... testosterone hormone therapy... OR VAGINAS... at least not any "regular guy" I know...