Chaz Bono on 'Dancing'

I'll Have a 'POSITIVE IMPACT'

On Kids with Gender Dysphoria

9/6/2011 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

090611_chaz_videoChaz Bono believes his stint on "Dancing with the Stars" will have a "positive impact on kids with gender dysphoria" -- and says it's "crazy" that people are boycotting the show.

Chaz appeared on "Good Morning America" and told George Stephanopoulos, "When I was growing up, if I would have seen someone like me on a show like this, it would have made all the difference in the world."

In the end, Chaz says he's just "a regular guy."

0906_dwts_footer

soulofanangel

If Chaz BONO is a "regular guy" God help us!

some guy

I know Harvey is gay over this story, but get over it already.

Thomas K.

...a "positive impact on kids with gender dysphoria" ... while creeping out the rest of us.

Regular Dude76

I can't grasp that someone would be willing to mutilate their junk and call themselves normal. It's not normal to want to remove part of your body. I won'*****ch the show anymore. It's turned into Dancing with the freaks

Angela

But will you loose any weight Chaz? The real problem I have with you is how grossly, dangerously, over weight you are.

noel

I don't know what she's whining about. She chose to become a freakshow, of course people are going to boycott. I don't want my kids believing that anything goes, and that every behavior is okay. she's not famous for anything, and shouldn't be on the show in the first place.

EVLBERT

Some issues:
1. If Chaz were not transgender and the son of a celebrity, Caz would be a "nobody".
2. I thought that DWTS was making a push to rid itself of no name Z-list persons, WTF is up with this choice? Ohhh see above.
3. The best thing to say is that there will be NO IMPACT on any children as this is a show about dancing, nothing else.
To admit there is an impact, means that the other side can assert there is a NEGATIVE impact. So is this a dancing show or a show about gender roles?
4. DWTS missed marketing 101 by pulling this stunt, the don't get that their key demographic is socially intolerant, homophobic people living in flyover states. People that consider DWTS a "wholesome" family show. Little old bigoted ladies and women with a lot of cats love this show, as well as many of the mouth breeders out there...putting a transgendered person on will only make them turn the channel to something else like America's Got Talent or some other dumb variety-contest show.

Truth

Ms. Neckbeard is gross to look at.

eyecandy

Nothing but a fat girl...

moxie

Hey chastity, you're a woman!

toad

Seriously people, Chaz's decision on what he did with his body effects you in NO WAY WHATSOEVER. Get off it, let him live his life. How would you like someone to tell you how to live yours?

Donna

Chaz/Chastity still is a woman, dressing like a man...hmmmm..name change,check...beard...check, penis...nope! Still a a lesbian wanting to be 'butch', grosss!!

fran

good luck Chaz I will be watching...

Austrogirl

I really can't believe all the hatred spewing off this site today! It is a dance show people - let the man dance. I love when people use "God" as their excuse to hate. Give the rest of the world a break people and just keep your hatred to yourself.

Justice_4_Kelly

I wonder why she glue her pubes to her face.