'Hangover' Star Ken Jeong

Kim Jong-il Over Stereotypes

9/8/2011 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

090811_TV_ken_still

"Hangover" actor Ken Jeong was asked if he could kick Kim Jong-il's ass in a street fight -- so, is the question racist? And it has nothing to do with them both being Korean. Okay, maybe a little.

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

don juan

im # 2

Peter

Is anything TMZ does not tasteless?

david

Hell no its not racist....if you think it is your just looking to stir up ****....people need to put on their big boy under wear and quit being so thin skined and quit trying to be PC all the time

ajkrik

Do any of you simpletons at TMZ know the meaning of the word "racist"? Look it up sometime and maybe TMZ can use it properly and contribute to a more intelligent viewership.

GetAGripPeople

Ken Jeong is not afraid of shock humor. (nude scene in 'The Hangover'). The question is funny and i bet he didnt mind.

Tyler

Yeah, everything is racist. racist racist racist!!

I Chinee

I thought he was Chinese.

Phil

Both are Korean. How is it racist? Is asking if Brad Pitt would kick Charlie Sheens butt, that is racist then?

Jackie

Whatever....America with racist ****...can't say that is an Asian or Black man without being labeled as a racist. why f!ckin sensitive.

Professor Chaos

I'm really starting to think to be hired at TMZ all you really have to do is be a complete and utter moron that's way over sensitive to everything.

jxtr

I love this guy. He is very funny. I enjoy watching him on the NBC show called "Community".

Amy

I'm Korean/American and wasn't offended by it at all.... It was stupid to even ask if it was. Why is TMZ trying to stir the pot and throw the race crap out there for everything. I do get defensive about it sometimes because I dont fit the stereotype. I'm bad at math and spent 8 years in the U.S. Navy.... Hoorah

Pablo

I don't get why it's racist. I do get that politically correct idiots love to make an issue out of nothing. If there's a debate or question about it being racist, then it's probably not 'outright' racism. It is a question of whether we're talking about racism trumped up by people who like to sensationalize every word with every bit of imagined scrutiny they can muster. To me that there is a question means that it does not pass the litmus test of genuine racism.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

So, if somebody asked Tina Fey if she could kick Sarah Palin's ass, would that be racist? There is a point where trying not to be offensive becomes offensive.

AntiSocialForum.com

Ken Jeong is Asian? who knew?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments