"L-Word" Star

Southwest Airlines Booted Me

... Because I'm Gay!

9/26/2011 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0927_leisha_hailey_southwest2_BN
Actress Leisha Hailey -- who starred in "The L-Word" -- says Southwest Airlines hates gay people ... and claims that's the reason she got kicked off a flight today.

Leisha just unleashed a flurry of tweets to her thousands of followers -- claiming a flight attendant booted Leisha and her GF for kissing on the plane ... because SW is a "family" airline.

Leisha is now demanding a public apology from Southwest -- calling for her fans, and gay people everywhere, to boycott the airline for its "homophobic" policies, writing, "They don't like us."

A rep for Southwest tweeted her back with a quick apology -- asking for Leisha to contact the company privately so they can sort out a solution. So far, no official word from Southwest.

0926_swappin_spit_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

Lucy

Would love to know the truth on this one. Many couples (gay or not) seem to think public transport is a 'sh***ing wagon' and I would encourage kicking people off public transport if they are doing anything other than just having a quick peck on the lips. I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if this kicking off was actually down to the sexuality of the offender, more the inappropriateness of what was going on.

TheGoToGayGuy

Why are you blaming SWA? I know FIRST HAND that SWA is NOT homophobic. They get a 100% from the Human Rights Campaign (HRC). They are very attuned to the issues that gay and lesbians face. Something ELSE happened here! Why take this story on it's face? She was NOT removed because she was gay! I know. I worked there 20 years and that would NEVER, EVER happen. Stop dissing SWA until you know the facts.

BCH

Let's hear SW 's side of the story concerning booting anytone off a flight. It has been my experience they have the beat service of any airline and I travel rather frequently. Never experienced anything negative on Southwest.

Will Stolp

SW Airlines did the right thing, YEA SW! Can't wait to fly with you again!!!!!!

Corbin

Leisha I was on your flight in El Paso. You are a drama queen! You used utterly profane language and offended half the plane with your disgusting language and your inability to act appropriately in public! Now you hide behind being gay?!?!?! No wonder the gay community has such a problem! Leisha you we all the people on that plane an apology!! Get ahold of yourself.

frnacisco 2010

I'm tired of all these gays and lesbian complaining about everthing.even if you stare at them they fell you're messing them.why don't they creat they own country where they can feel "safe" of harassment?

Els

I'll be sure to fly Southwest every time I do so now.

donna

Well, I will love to be on that plan watching Leisha kiss another woman. But now if there were kids there...maybe it would not be appropriate just because they are kids. But adults screw them.

jwblackpride

It's not a gay issue. It's a selfesh, iconsiderate bitch issue.

alice

Dont be kissing in public, we dont want to see your trash in front of our familys, they might get the ideal that its NORMAL, and it is not NORMAL ...

Zulianne R.

Leisha Hailey kiss Camila Grey. A worst lesbian kiss? Leisha Hailey claims Southwest Air booted her over lesbian kiss . How passionate it was? The kiss could be the reason why they were removed from Airlines flight. A public display of affection which seems immoral to the said environment.

Right in Pensacola

Thank you southwest!!!!!! Hurray!!! Hurray!!!! You will be my number one airlines!!!!!

PrinceC

Sorry, I wouldn't want to see that gay dyke **** either!

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16