Tyrese

BOOTED from Radio Station

for Talking About Liquor Stores!!!

9/28/2011 7:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0928_tyrese_audio_EXD_02
Tyrese
claims he was WRONGLY kicked out of a radio station in Delaware yesterday -- and it's all because he TOOK A STAND against liquor stores that operate near elementary schools.

It all happened at WJKS KISS 101.7 in Delaware -- when Tyrese, who was invited on the show to promote his album, made a PASSIONATE statement about how liquor stores SHOULD NOT be allowed near schools ... after seeing one on his way to the station.

During his rant, Tyrese told the DJ, "Get them cats out of here ... selling alcohol right across from your kids school, homie -- put the pressure on them homie ... you know how to put pressure on dudes selling in your hood."

But when the show went to commercial, Tyrese was asked to leave the building -- and the owner of the radio station confirms to TMZ that it was because he felt Tyrese was "disrespecting" the Delaware community.

After the incident, Tyrese tweeted, "I just kicked out of a radio station frm a [program director] who had a problem w/ me speaking on liquor stores that are by elementary schools in Delaware."

He later added, "If you don't STAND for something.. You will damn near fall for Anything."

croc

are you sure thats why he got kicked
off the radio?? doesnt sound right to me.

Jane

Good for you, Tyrese!! Way to stand up for what is right! That radio programmer was way off. You did the right think!!

moxie

I would like to read the content of this "rant". Unless this station is sponsored by local liquor stores, something doesn't sound right.

Ann

If that is all that happened then I am not sure why he was kicked out. How is the disrespecting a community? I respect him for what he did.

Delaware D

Delaware in the house!!! Tyrese you are welcome back at any time, brother.

Jane

thing, thing thing!

Almost

Cheers to you Tyrese, Congrats on standing for what you believe and I also don't agree with licor store next to school, it is just wrong. Our kids do not need any more incentive than they already have.

Lupe

Joe

I'm sure time will tell of a few more reasons NOT mentioned here as to why he got kicked out. As much as I can't stand a celeb speaking their mind about something stupid and thinking it is a big deal, I happen to agree with him with this matter. I'm sure there is more to this story. Let's wait for a TMZ update.

Natasha

Delaware here and I happen to agree with him. Tyrese I live in New Castle Delaware and I'm between 3 schools and 2 liquor stores. Feel free to look me up and we can talk. As for 101.7 they suck. I don't listen to them.

Rogue Warrior

Delaware should be lucky anyone visits their dump of a state. How can you be disrespecting when there's nothing to RESPECT???

Conservatives are Cowards

Disrespecting Delewhat?

I have to agree with moxie. Unless the local liquor stores are sponsoring this terrible station (KISS FM? No thanks!), I don't get why he'd be asked to leave.

c

Is this guy on something? What the hell does it matter if there's a liquor store near a school? Does he somehow think that means they will sell to elementary school kids? Their parents probably drink, there's commercials everywhere for beer and liquor so it's not like if there wasn't a liquor store there the kids would have never heard of alcohol. What a crazy ass. If you're going to stand for something make it something worthwhile.

Jenn

If in fact that is how it happened, explain to me how this was a bad thing!!! Freedom of speech ever hear of it!!

Gsharon 710

Sho ya right! Thank you ....from a GGrandmother........

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments