« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Hank Williams Jr.

My Obama Comments Were 'DUMB'

10/4/2011 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1004_hank_williams_BN_05
Hank Williams Jr.
is kinda, sorta, quasi backing off his horrible Obama-to-Hitler comparison -- calling the statements he made on Fox News "dumb" -- and apologizing for offending people.

Williams released a NEW statement on the matter -- saying, "The thought of the leaders of both parties jukin [sic] and high fiven [sic] on a golf course, while so many families are struggling to get by simply made me boil over and make a dumb statement."

He adds, "I am very sorry if it offended anyone. I would like to thank all my supporters. This was not written by some publicist.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

rejiii

Hank:

You made an unfortunate analogy with regard to an event (Obama/Boehner golf outing) not a person (Obama) on a slow news day. They need to get over it.

AP Hill

Hank Williams Jr was wrong to insult the German People and Adolf Hitler. Regardless of how you feel about Hitler he was able to pull Germany out of a DEPRESSION and cool within a hair's breath of defeating the USSR, if not for the intervention of the USA. Obama is such an incompetient bottom wipe. I think it is time to have Mr. Obama go to Dallas and take a ride through Dealey Plaza right by the Book Dispository, I wonder is Oswald still there?????

david mccandless

I was a fan until I heard your comments about our ELECTED president. It's okay though, "country bumpkin". Your apology needs to be directed specifically to President Obama. That will make your sorrow more believeable.

bullseye

JR appeared to be somewhat impaired during his interview on F&F. He claims they (FOX News) distored his words but in this case Hank Jr screwed up and ends up with a 'trip to the woodshed'. I'm sure his Daddy would not approved of his comments or condition.

Sandy

I am very proud of Hank Williams.

honestly1

why should hank williams jr appologize for telling the truth. i have heard lots of people remark that obama is just like hitler n i was the first person i heard say it. after watching hitlers actions on the learning channel, obama was the first thought (he is pattering himself adter hitler) that is an honest thought.

honestly1

I haven't heard hank williams jrs song but i do agree with his comment in refference 2 obama n hitler. if you compair the two obama resemble*****ler. i have said that since the insurance thing and the statement saying america was no longer a christian nation. i am greatly offended by obamas actions and statements why is obama not appoligizing 2 meand all of america. it was stupid 4 him 2 give all that money 2 the ritch n expect them 2 share it. money dont ever trickel down it always takes jobs overseas.

honestly1

i think hank jr spoke the truth n shouldn't apologize at all. after watching hitler on the learning channel my first thought was obama is pattering himself after hitler. if it offends anyone thats 2 much bad that is exactly how i feel and soon will the rest of the world when we are all bankrupt and starving.

honestly1

the truth of the matter obama and all his congress cronies needs 2 b put on notice for all their incompitance, and their retirement should be changed 2 the same retirement as us so they would have 2 live on entilement also and also live on our insurance programs and get their pay scales down 2 earth in respect 2 our pay scale then things would look up. p.s. also no more pork barrels for work they are already getting over paid 4
also no more passing laws they all should be ratified by 2/3 of the voters in all america

JJ

I'm with you Hank!!

Gt

Now, if you had said that about the Republican party.. All the sensible minded would have forgiven you..

greg

Forgive Hank? Heck yea! Also make him the international ambassator for the middle class and pay him to say such things and call it like it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Earl

He is not worried about the working class people of the USA....he is worried mor I say about his own life, wealth, and family.

Look tat what he did to his half sister, for years he tried to keep her away from her legal share of Hank sr estate...don't think he is worried abput people outside his family .

He is probably even jealous of other singers that out sold him, in a short time.......made their own name, had nothing handed down.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11