« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Hank Williams Jr.

My Obama Comments Were 'DUMB'

10/4/2011 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1004_hank_williams_BN_05
Hank Williams Jr.
is kinda, sorta, quasi backing off his horrible Obama-to-Hitler comparison -- calling the statements he made on Fox News "dumb" -- and apologizing for offending people.

Williams released a NEW statement on the matter -- saying, "The thought of the leaders of both parties jukin [sic] and high fiven [sic] on a golf course, while so many families are struggling to get by simply made me boil over and make a dumb statement."

He adds, "I am very sorry if it offended anyone. I would like to thank all my supporters. This was not written by some publicist.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Kevin

I think what he said was hilarious and so totally true!!!

ME

Hank, I just saw the news. I'll never watch monday night football again....You were GREAT !

Nora

President obama works hard, if you like him or not he still has the right to play golf from time to time or just relax. He has a 23/7 job.

wonkers

He never said which one wa*****ler. How many times have people on the left compared people on the right to hitler? He was just coming up with an example of polar opposites, and I am sure there was no mallace intended. The problem is the leftist media (who calls tea party member*****ler) cried about it. It is all puffery to make people forget about the way the government (left and right) are screwing the American people just to line their pockets from the immoral banking industry and the military industrial complex.

hml

I support Hank 100%. He did not compare Obama to Hitler. The media ASSumed that the reference was aimed at the President. To those posters calling Hank a racist-do some research before making such accusations. One of Hank's best friends was the late Derrick Thomas who played for the Kansas City Chiefs. He was also African American.

cheese mcslur

people compared bush to hitler all the time and it was no big deal but dear god if we call the "great one" anything but.

muffey

He is a dirt bag. Look at him, he looks like he has not taken a shower in a month. Typical redneck.

American Patriot

I watched the Fox interview live and I didnt think it was a big deal...hey, if thats how he feels so be it.

Freedom of speech is STILL American.

BTW, he is a stupid as* redneck though....hank jr...how does it feel to be in your daddys shadow for all your life?

Jah36

His comments were dumb because a comparison to Hitler is ridiculous! If anything, it would have been more appropriate to compare B.O. to Joseph Stalin.

Carl

I saw the interview and this apology is just an attempt not to lose out on his Monday Night Football money.

What bothers me most is that so many people like him hate the thought of the leaders of each party getting together in a friendly manner. This is a GOOD thing. Do people really want the impasse in congress to continue? Neither party can get anything done without the other so they better learn to compromise. Everyone knows the big business deals are done on the golf course, so why not politics?

BeauARNG

He should of said sorry that anyone took him seriously. Hank is old news. If Toby Keith said it, then that'd be some news. Hank though, he's just some has-been.

scotar

After seeing how quickly things went downhill for Hank Jr I think back on the days of the USSR in the 70's and I sorta, kinda get nervous. How dare someone speak their mind in the United States of America in this day and age.

Anyway, don't apologize Hank and don't back down. Politicians line their pockets and the middle class heads towards lower class status at an alarming rate.

For everyone else, grow up America and stop whining. When the hell did this country get so damn sensitive anyway?

Kaaka

One look at this TOOL and you could tell he smell of INCEST and VASELINE,,The PRESIDENT should have him AUDITED,

Nothing would be more nice like seeing him in handcuffs for tax evasion or some shady dealings.

PBezukov

He's dumb, BUT, he's ugly.

agatesphoto

I think he was simply stating; that having two people who are clearly in disagreement on issues concerning the financial situation and how to clear it up could be playing golf together like they're old buddies just doesn't look right. Maybe he should not have used the Hitler reference since people seem to take anything that has to do with the use of the name Hitler out of context. If he would have said Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner in place of the other names we wouldn't be having this conversation, now would we?!