« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Hank Williams Jr.

My Obama Comments Were 'DUMB'

10/4/2011 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1004_hank_williams_BN_05
Hank Williams Jr.
is kinda, sorta, quasi backing off his horrible Obama-to-Hitler comparison -- calling the statements he made on Fox News "dumb" -- and apologizing for offending people.

Williams released a NEW statement on the matter -- saying, "The thought of the leaders of both parties jukin [sic] and high fiven [sic] on a golf course, while so many families are struggling to get by simply made me boil over and make a dumb statement."

He adds, "I am very sorry if it offended anyone. I would like to thank all my supporters. This was not written by some publicist.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Candy

The redneck can't think of a better way to insult the president so he compares him to one of the most evilest man to ever walk the earth. People forget that this country was already in a deep crisis before Obama took office. I wouldn't want his job in a million years but he took it on. I'd like to see all of these people talking crap and making these racist remarks do better.

JalenDUI

Hitlers name should never be brought up unless in a discussion of WW2. When Harvey was busy bashing Nancy Grace after the Anthony trial HEEEEEE brought Hitler into the conversation about Grace. What a hypocrite. Let's replay THAT video HAAAARRRVVVVEEYYY.

Anon.

His argument can be turned on himself... He lives large with his multi-millions while families struggle. Idiot.

james schacht

Hank you speak the truth Obama IS THE ENEMY TO THE DECENT CITIZENS OF THE US and tmz you people are ass kissing morons this president is not on the side of the us people he is a disgrace to this country' sorry harvey but some of your people need to get a clue

james schacht

ei

this hick should stick to what he knows best, drinking, falling face first off mountains, and singing(if that what it is called)

notahick

its the united states not a dictatorship so we are allowed to have opinions about our leaders good or bad. look at Obama's rating right now, Hank is not alone

Frosty

I'm more offended that he apologized!

Frosty

I'm more offended that he apologized!

Shady's Lady

F--- this retarded country addict /alcoholic and his whole dysfunction hillbilly family. This guy is just a pure embarrassment to himself. He is a good example of why hatred and bigotry are alive and well in the country.Exit stage right you racist freak! "Obama for America 2012"

ray

dumb s#it from a real dumb ass, sure not his fathers son.

Ronni

And that's why you're out of work now. Doosh.

Shady's Lady

I think I said alive and well!

andrpowe

HWJr sure appeared to put the final nail in his southern redneck right-wing racist SOB coffin. Did he look drunk to anyone besides me? What a complete jackass. He deserves to lose his big old contract with the NFL. It's a shame that there are still people who share his backward views, and I do believe that people like him, who speak thinly veiled racist nonsense, should be suppressed. They're perpetuating intolerance, impeding social progress, and civil rights. Why spread hate like that? It's a shame. I really like his music. And, for the record, YES I know that not all southerners are redneck racists.

donna

I wonder if the press and public would of had this kind of a reacion if his comments were made about Bush????? It seems our freedom of speech is not "freedom" if someone says something that the other side doesn't like.....Nancy P. has said numerous comments and no one is making a big deal about it. Ease up!!!!!!!! If you can not give your own opinions in this country than what did we fight for all those years ago??????