'Blues Brothers' Actor

Charles Napier -- Dead at 75

10/6/2011 2:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charles Napier
Charles Napier -- who played bad ass Tucker McElroy in "The Blues Brothers" -- died yesterday ... one day after he collapsed at his California home.

Napier starred in a TON of Hollywood classics, including "Rambo: First Blood II" and "Philadelphia" ... also voiced Dr. Speltz on a recent episode of the F/X show "Archer."

It's unclear what caused Napier to collapse -- but he was reportedly hospitalized for blood clots just last year.

Napier was 75.

moonmaid

This is sad news! I have long liked this very good actor with the distinctive voice. Especially remember him from 'Star Trek' and 'Rockford Files' episodes. RIP, Charles Napier.

Mazor

I love this guy. He was a bad guy in... well just about everything. You may not get the attention of that lying fat c*nt Nancy Grace, but you were the man Charles. RIP.

gina

RIP Napier; His best monologue in a film:

Ih8Taxes

I liked him as an actor. I'm sure he was a great guy in real life. He will be missed.

Carl

Character actors are the heart and soul of the TV and movie industry but never get the credit they are due. He was one of the good ones. RIP.

MarleneEmmett

Charles napier was a well known character actor.
He was in the Original Dallas with Larry Hagman, he played
one of JR's friends. he will be missed.
you can find his whole career listed at www.IMDb.com

CountryGal

Silence of The Lambs is the best movie. RIP

Rufus

Jake: My name is Jacob Stein. I'm from the American Federation of Music. I've been sent to see if you gentlemen are carrying your permits.
Tucker McElroy: Our what?
Jake: Your union cards. May I see your cards please?
Tucker McElroy: Well, suppose we ain't got no union cards and go in there and start playin' anyway? Whatcha gonna do about that? You gonna stop us, Stein? Ha. You're gonna look pretty funny tryin' to eat corn on the cob with no ****in' teeth!

God Bless you Tuck....RIP

THIN LIZZY

Sucks, dude was a cool actor. I enjoyed seeing him in his many roles over the years. RIP dude.

Jeff Dranetz

He was one of the space hippies on Star Trek: original series.

Spencer B in MD

Argh! First Steve Jobs, then Charles Napier.
He was great as Alfred the Butler in Batman. RIP

Bluewiley

Dammit man!! My Dad grew up with Charles and was instrumental in helping Charles with his acting career starting when they were in college.He was a great man,painter actor and friend. He will be missed. RIP Charlie

mark hill

RIP Charles, we had a good time working on Indio 2 The Revolt in The Philippines. He used to joke around and was a cool guy.

Cella

He was awesome. I saw him in so many movies over the years. Rest in peace, Mr. Napier

INeedFacebookFriends.com

may he no longer hear the sounds of 30 men getting massacred by a ****!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments