Steven Tyler

I Did NOT Fall Off the Wagon

10/27/2011 8:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

102711_steven_still

Steven Tyler
claims he did not fall off the wagon before he fell on his face in the shower this week ... but says he understands why people might not believe him.

Tyler -- who went public about his issues with substance abuse in the past -- called in to the "Today' show this morning to talk to Matt Lauer about rumors he was using again.

Tyler responded, "I get that people think that ... It still bothers me a little, but it's something that I have to deal with for the rest of my life."

He added, "We flew last night from Paraguay after that incident and we're in Argentina for two hours. And anyone who knows anyone who uses substances wouldn't be up at this hour having a talk with Matt Lauer and the rest of America."

Moments later, Matt asked, "But you're clean and sober, that's not the issue?"

Tyler replied, "No, it's not the issue."

Soetoro

Heroin fall. TTIIIIIIMMMMMMMBEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

magmax

Punched out by someone's husband/boyfriend/father.

kim

Where's his clown nose?

boomer

Gig Improvement, too bad Jlo was't there that fat a$$ would have broke his fall

Kitten

Omg, wth! Was the shower made of concrete?1?!

AlwaysOnTimeB

Man, he's a brave soul for putting that photo out there. Looks like a bar brawl rather than a shower slip!!!

Mark

ANYONE can fall in the shower, especially older people... it happens all the time all across the world, especially in hotels. I'm in my 20s and have slipped in the shower or getting out of the shower at least 10 times.. while completely sober... luckily i ended up with a bruised hip at worst.

kronenburg

If he had given Matt a simple "no" to the question in the first place, I'd have been inclined to believe him. But he created an elaborate yarn and was evasive in his answer - typical addict behavior. So sorry, Steve - I think your fall in the shower was indeed the result of your fall off the wagon.

JiLL1

I've fallen in the shower , not fun. It can become very slick and before you know it you're landing a hard surface.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I fell in the shower once, I wasn't sick, drunk, or even dizzy. I just turned around and BAM. Bashed my hip though, not my face, thankfully. It happens.

FreakHater

His hair looks like it's missing...does he wear hair extensions?? Poor guy, and it is a good thing he didn't break a hip!!! At least he's still smiling!!!!

MendiMayhem

I believe him....I mean, c'mon, old people fall down easy. I'm just glad he didn't break a bony hip!

Lanie

Love him Love him Love him!!!

LI_Mom

For his sake, I hope he's telling the truth.

Accidents happen to everyone.

freaksloan

He looks like Obama in White Face.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments