Temptation Disputation

Erupts Over 'My Girl'

10/29/2011 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

102711_harvey_video102711_ruffin_video

A musical controversy is sending shockwaves through Motown -- two singers belting out their versions of the Temptations classic "My Girl" ... in an a cappella duel to the death!!!!

It all started when Harvey Levin hit the famous Hitsville Museum in Detroit Tuesday ... and was so moved by the experience of being the legendary Motown recording studio, he broke out in song ... accompanied by some sort of warped Temptations dance move.

The next day, David Ruffin Jr. -- son of Temptations lead singer David Ruffin -- challenged Harvey to a sing-off ... while standing in a back alley, somewhere in L.A.

So, we gotta ask ...

That explains it

Harvey should be on trial for murder. Uh, don't quit your day job, not that you're very good at that either...

Jackie

Ha ha....Harvey..you are so gay.

soulflower

Harvey dude.....YIKES! Wow don't know what to say......

soulflower

Ok I got my composure back whew!!! Harvey you've got serious balls I wish I had the confidence you have, and not care what people think....living the dream... rock on brotha!!

DUKE815

The people who edit the show should have shown more of Christie Bear's rendition of 'My Girl' on Thursday's episode. She sounded great and didn't deserve to cut off after just a few seconds.

TMZ dont like me

Damn, Harv. You ruining another classic, eh??

Truth

HOW IS THIS EVEN A CONTEST?? LEVIN *SIT DOWN*!! YOUR GAYDAR JUST MALFUNCITONED. TRUTH!!!

psychicruth

harvey if only you would have taken tips from the cantor in Hebrew school:) seriously all you need is a few vocal lesson/tips and you will hold your own--you have pitch, and tamber-just need some delivery:):):)

IceGypsy

Harvey, you're adorable, but stick to reporting lol

Bubbles The Chimp

Short, balding, tone-deaf, rhythmically challenged.... Every time Harvey sings, an angel loses its wings.

Mz Sue

First of all you have to look at the Apple dont fall far from the tree...David Jr. was continously exposed to his daddy and the Temps, so he definitely has the upper hand. And shows his hand well.. He's a class act, Harv you couldnt carry a tune if it had handles. Some songs need to be left to the pros or their offsprings..lol My 3 year old grandson, knows the words to 3 Temp songs by heart and has their moves..I will send you a video of his work, maybe you can pick up a few moves..NOT!

Kaffee

Harvey is the best. Harvey wins!!!

steponme

There is no competition, we all know who won.
LOL Harvy you're cute but no.

Cday138

People ask who the biggest screen hog. its harvey He has to find any way to get on camera, and be seen he will do anything. I think he has passed the lohans, and prince von a-hole as the the worst in who has to be in the spotlight. He can't sing, and insists on berrating our ears with his screeching. I LOVE tmz, but damn it harvey stick to hosting and stop trying to get in the spotlight.

CheekyMonkey

I admit it I voted for Harv, could not help it I just love me that cute little jew. lol.
Keep belting them out, you have lots of love for music no matter what other may think.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments