Conrad Murray Trial

The Defense Rests

11/1/2011 11:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1_kbnim51u_1_j3bda5sy
The fat lady is about to sing in the Dr. Conrad Murray manslaughter trial -- because the defense has rested its case and are now gearing up for closing arguments.

Closing arguments are scheduled to begin Thursday morning -- but the defense won't be submitting any new evidence ... so if they haven't needled the jury with reasonable doubt yet in the death of Michael Jackson, they're facing an uphill battle.

It's also worth pointing out -- jurors notoriously hate coming back to court on Monday if they can help it ... which means there's a 99.9999% chance they'll come up with a verdict by Friday, presuming closing arguments don't drag on.

The prosecution rested its case over a week ago -- but while the case was impressive ... it wasn't 100% iron-clad.

So we gotta ask ...

chic

Imo Murray lied about the 25% dose. He is a sociopathic liar.

mo monk

I must say that some of the comments on here are pure bile. I have been watching the trial and, to me, it seems that CM did not do what he swore to do when he took the hypocratic oath. That was to put his patient first and provide care, for whatever reason he thought it was right to give dangerous drugs without using the precautions needed,in a setting that was inappropriate and without the proper monitoring equipment. The standard of care was well below what was expected. His defense was to blame MJ. I think, if I had sat on the jury and considered the evidence, my verdict would be guilty as charged. We will now wait and see what the verdict is.

Will

I really think he will get off on this one.. This never should have been a Manslaughter case. A malpratice Lawsuit? Okay I'll go for that. I hate to say it but Michael was a junkie. He would have paid any amount to get what he wanted. Ask Dr Klein...ijs...

IceGypsy

He may have cared for his old patients, but that changed because of the almighty $ and he knows it. That's why he cried when they talked about how it used to be. When he cared so much that he opened that clinic to help those in need. It reminded him what he used to be, and what he has become because of money.

Victoria

Who brought the bedroom equipment & set it all up? How long was it in the house?

Why was MJ 136 lbs and all his veins were collpased? Does anyone know how many injections causes one's entire veins to collapse?

How fast can a doctor tell that someone is dead and cannot be revived?

=)

“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
-Michael Jackson

mary

GUILTY ! GUILTY ! GUILTY !

CriticXtreme

All this media attention for MJ sickens me. I want the truth but it will never be known. He had a video camera in his room. What happened with that? The media is only covering this because it's a gold mine right now. Where were they with all this "we seek the truth" when Michael Jackson really need them?

MiMi

There is no reasonable doubt to be found. Prosecution nailed this case and Walgren is being sung praises by his collegues and other lawyers and court observers.

Hung jury, NO. Conviction, YES

MiMi

UnWell

Shutup

Chic

There were no drugs found in Michael's system after Nurse
Lee gave him a blood test. The only drugs found in his
system were the ones given by Murray the autopsy report
said. And Murray is responsible for Michael's demise.

Love You Forever Michael
RIP

LuvsBucs

I know what I think .... but I just keep getting the creeps over this because of two things: O.J. Simpson and Casey Anthony.