« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Mike McQueary

I'm In Protective Custody,

Double Fisting Booze

11/11/2011 3:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1111-mike-mcqueary-getty-bn
Mike McQueary has reportedly informed the Penn State football players that he's currently in protective custody and "double fisting" alcohol.

According to PennLive.com, one of the PSU coaches gathered several players in a room on campus and allowed McQueary to speak to the team via speaker phone.

McQueary reportedly told the team, "I wanted to let you guys know I'm not your coach anymore. I'm done.”

McQueary also told the team he's not at the University, but in protective custody after receiving several threats ... and "double fisting" booze.

McQueary was placed on administrative leave earlier today.

McQueary -- who's married with a 2-year-old daughter -- is the man who witnessed Jerry Sandusky allegedly rape a young boy back in 2002 ... but failed to stop the attack and didn't report the crime to the police.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

nuffsaid

According to Wikipedia - In November 2011, Sandusky was arrested and charged with 40 counts of sexual abuse of young boys over a 15-year period.

40?????

McQueary - YOU are responsible for every one of these!!

Suzi

Glad to see this finally happened. Since the day I read the Grand Jury report I haven't stopped thinking what this guy walked in on then turned his back and walked away. Leaving this little boy being raped by this monster, especialy when they saw him walk in. This boy probably wondered for years why did that grown up not help me. There is your explantion why he never came forward- sickening.How is that humanly possible.

Lenn K.

He will never live this down. Now that the world knows you are a coward and a fraud. Dad, will you protect me too if some guy is anally raping me? F-ing loser.

nuffsaid

McQueary - are you really depositing those Penn State checks????

Chaps

What?

No one thinks he's "Linnocent"?

HA HA

Good to see everyone on the same page with this one!

resi

I was wondering if it was possible that McQueary was a victim of Sandusky when he was a kid? I had heard he was friends with Snaduskys son. I would think if he were, he wouldn't want to stick around the football program and risk running into the guy. But then again, the reports made it sound like coaching at PSU was McQueary's dream job.

OutridersGhost

A former player named Sam Stellatella donated money to Sandusky's (the accused) defense fund and is asking many former players to do the same. Just sickening.

Muppet

While I find this man disgusting and what he did cowardly, pathetic, and unforgiveable, my true hatred and loathing are for Sandusky. He is the man that committed the most despicable crimes against children. He used his charity and his position at Penn State to commit these horrible crimes and has left the students and everyone else behind to try to deal with this mess. Parade the worthless piece of crap out on the field and let everyone show him how much he is despised. He is the true monster!
McQueary and anyone else in this cover up should be jailed as well but Sandusky should suffer the most!

Rae

If I was this guys wife, the mother of his two children, I would take my children and leave. This is a grown man who turned his back on a child being horrendously abused...someone like that can't be trusted around children, especially his own.

dclaire

Really!!! He's in protective "hiding"?!?! This former quarterback who saw a child being raped in the shower by a 55 yr old man and just walked away without lifting a finger to rescue or call 911 is being protected. Sweet jesus,

DeannaMariet

IT's about time! No pity.

Tek

At 28, with the much older VETERANS there, and it's hard to know if any of us would have done anything differently. No doubt he believed the rape ended right then, when he made eye contact with Sandusky. Everyone TRUSTED Joe Paterno SO MUCH that I would think most people in his position would have felt that going to Paterno with the details would SOLVE THE PROBLEM. The man does not deserve to be crucified. No doubt he was very intimidated by Sandusky. McQueary clearly SOUGHT TO HAVE THIS STOPPED by going to PATERNO! The buck should have stopped THERE! McQueary was let down by Paterno. Paterno was an elder, a superior, a father, a father figure, legendary head coach, a trusted leader. EVERYONE TRUSTED PATERNO. I think there was alot of blind eye turning going on. He was clearly disturbed by what he saw and wanted it to be stopped. AT LEAST MCQUEARY REPORTED IT!

UPYOURS

I think that the students at Pedo U need to stop and look at what WE see. We see students protesting the firing of a man that ADMITS he didn't do enough. They are supporting a man that ALLOWED rapes to continue. They are supporting men that should have been men and stopped the rape of a child, when it was seen. Pedo U students are more worried about a stupid damned game. Everyone that knew, saw, or heard rumours of what went on are responsible in every way. You want to support that, go right ahead. Meanwhile, those of us with a conscience will keep right on protesting the continual protection of people that aided and abetted Sandusky by keeping their mouths shut and not stopping the rapes. This game should NOT be played. The entire sports program needs to be shut down, I don't give a flying F*CK that these young men have "worked so hard". We are talking about CHILDREN being raped and one of the biggest cover-ups on the planet. You people make Nixon look like a darling old fart that just made a "little error". Shame on all of you.

carol

My previous comments were deleted. I don't know why. They didn't deserve that. I believe everyone on this board and others all hold Sandusky primarily responsible but this guy is responsible almost as much. Just because he wasn't phyically raping a child, he emotionally and mentally raped them - he helped take their childhood from them. I don't care if this guy was raped by Santa and all his elves, that doesn't justify walking away. This guy's father is a Medical Doctor - he and his son are both cowards, both of them need to do themselves in. This guy now is now being PROTECTED for FAILING TO PROTECT plus getting paid for it. He is being rewarded for being a COWARD.

Sandra

This disgusting creep should be fired!!