Robin Gibb

Report: Diagnosed

with Liver Cancer

11/20/2011 6:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Robin Gibb
Robin Gibb, legendary singer/songwriter of the Bee Gees, has been diagnosed with liver cancer ... this according to several UK reports.

Gibb was reportedly diagnosed a few months back and rushed to the hospital earlier this week. He was hospitalized back in October for what was he thought was simply stomach pains.

Andy Gibb died in 1988.  Maurice passed in 2003.

A rep for Gibb could not be reached for comment.

soulofanangel

-----------------------------------------------------------
Robin never got over the death of his twin, Maurice, 8 years ago. A surviving twin suffers so much. Our prayers are with you.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Robin, you brought music to our souls. Now your soul will rest on Earth and SOAR in HEAVEN. PEACE today and FOREVER!
-----------------------------------------------------------

azgypsy

@Paula...Yes, their mother Barbara is still alive. She's 91 and has already buried her husband and two children. Sadly it looks like she will be burying a third. Robin is my favorite Gibb and I have had the good fortune to meet all the brothers and family members numerous times. They were 3 of the nicest guys you could ever meet and NEVER had that big head that most stars have. I will be crying my eyes out if Robin goes to see Maurice, Andy and their Dad.

fran

God Bless you Robin....our prayers are with you...always loved you and your brothers...hoping to hear you sing again soon with Barry..many ((((hugs)))

erkg

That family's had way too much bad luck.

Nefertiti

So very sad, my prayers and thoughts are with him, I hope the doctors are able to cure him.

Raejean

He looks terribly thin. Methinks he's had this for a while, whether or not he's revealed it only recently.

Julian

HAHAHAHA STAYING ALIVEEEEEEEEE...Lyrics by bee gees.

JJ

Get Well & Much Prayers to you Mr. Gibb.

Great group & timeless songs.

Rabbitt

Awww, God bless! Said a prayer. I hope you have a quick and complete recovery, Robin!

EarthAngel

He has support from both sides now...he is not alone. Am extremely grateful for the gifts they have given us, and they will remain immortal because of this......how awesome is that?! Am sure they are keeping him as comfortable as possible.....safe journey

Scotty

So sad! I hope he beats it! His parents should NOT have to bury another child! Two brothers already gone! :*(

kcrosie

Some of the more recent pictures seemed to tell the story, but I'm still very sad to hear the news. May he be comfortable and surrounded by his loved ones. Such a talent. I hope we can hear from him again.

Patty

It's so sad that his mom has lost two of her boys and is now watching a third son die.

So sorry Mrs. Gibb. I'm praying for your son and for you.

Missy

Very sorry to hear. I love the Beegees.

GEE BEE

I hope that Justin Timberlake doesn't come down with it. Jimmy Fallon would be next.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments