New 'Twilight' Movie

Reportedly Causing Seizures

11/25/2011 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1125_twilight_BN
It's fun to say the "Twilight" movies are so bad they might be hazardous to your health -- but now that could actually be true!

According to several reports, the graphic birthing scene in "Breaking Dawn: Part One" has caused some moviegoers to suffer from seizures.

In Sacramento, a man told CBS13 he began to have a seizure during the scene and his wife described him as "convulsing, snorting, trying to breathe."

A man in Utah had the same thing happen to him, telling ABC-4, "I didn’t really remember what happened, after that I think I blacked out. According to [my wife], I was shaking and mumbling different noises."

monkeybrains

Photosensitive epilepsy, which can be caused by flashing lights, is thought to be the cause. ...... how bout suck ass movie epilepsy, which can be caused by a movie sucking really bad.

The Killer Smile

on both accounts, that would be for bringing your wives to watch a Twilight movie.. dont blame your seizure on lights

Sonja

.. men, birth... yeah sure, it was just the lights, LOL

Ginger

Oh for heaven's sake. This same guy can probably watch a Jason movie or Halloween chop 'em up without a bit of trouble. If something is bothering you in a movie, close your eyes until it's over. Sheesh.

Cindy

There WAS NO birthing scene! They didn't show anything, yet people are complaining of getting sick. They are woosies.

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty

Of course the Twilight series is bad for your health --- your mental health.

062588

My 18-year-old brother had a seizure during the scene when he saw the movie in LA last weekend.

Itsjustme

If you have photosensitive epilepsy it's not the movie's fault that you have seizures. You should know that, if you have photosensitive epilepsy, you shouldn't be going to a two-hour long movie where there are most likely going to be flashing lights. Don't blame the movies just because you think the books are stupid. It could happen at any other movie as well.

Anita

My friend had a seisure and has never had one before in her life!

Debbidy73

Correct....there was no real birthing scene. Now, some video games can have this effect on people prone to seizures but let's get a grip people. Sounds like someone is out for some extra money.

zena smith

i saw the movie i have epilesy the thing is my medicined wasn't working well but i went to the movies anyway the movie didn't cause me to have seizures it was my medicine and not taking it on time

p

The ones having seizures are thoes people that only watch G rated movies and never get out of the house and live with there mommys until there 40..Or thoes hard core fans that are so obsessed with the dumb movie..

Ivan

I'm having a seizure right now just reading an article about twilight...god knows what would happen if I watch a movie.

Jade75

"a man told CBS13 he began to have a seizure during the scene and his wife described him as "convulsing, snorting, trying to breathe." He was probably laughing too hard, not having a seizure.

xoxo

If you have epilepsy, why are you going to a movie theater? You're not even supposed to watch movies at home in the dark with that disorder. And why is it just men? I think this is fake.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments