Maria Shriver

Second Thoughts About Divorcing Arnold

12/27/2011 1:39 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1223_maria_shriver_arnold_getty_EX1
Maria Shriver
is telling friends she's now unsure if she wants to divorce Arnold Schwarzenegger ... TMZ has learned.

We're told Maria is torn, partly because of her strong religious beliefs that do not include divorce.

Making matters even more complicated -- we're told Arnold still desperately wants Maria back, and has been "extremely sweet" to her and has made numerous gestures -- which include presents -- to win Maria back.

Maria filed for divorce on July 1, though she moved out months earlier.  She's already bought a mansion in Brentwood, CA, which she's in the process of renovating.

0809_arnold_maria_footer

Katy Perry

Ho, Ho, HOT!

Katy Perry bikini pictures
Katy Perry spent her Xmas Day frolicking around in the ocean off the beaches of Hawaii with some friends ... but without hubby Russell Brand.

The fact that her bikini top stayed on is a Christmas miracle!

Joanna in "Love Actually"

'MEMBA HER?!

1222_memba_love_actually_launchOlivia Olson is best known for playing Joanna Anderson -- the girl who sings "All I Want For Christmas Is You" -- at the end of the 2003 holiday film "Love Actually." Guess what she looks like now!

Sinead O'Connor Ends Marriage

AFTER 16 DAYS

1227_welcome_marriages_launch
Sinead O'Connor abruptly ended her marriage to her fourth husband Barry Herridge ... after just 16 days.

The couple wed on December 8 -- the Irish singer's 45th birthday.

The news was announced on Sinead's website. "He is a wonderful man. I love him very much. I'm sorry I'm not a more regular woman," she posted. "I truly believe though it is painful to admit, we made a mistake rushing into getting married, for altruistic reasons, and weren't aware or prepared for the consequences on my husband's life and the lives of those close to him. He has been terribly unhappy and I have therefore ended the marriage. I think he is too nice to do so. And too nice to trap."

TMZ's Annual

Santa Snapshots Photo Contest

HAPPY HOLIDAZE!

1223_santa_snapshots_contest_launchThe funny photos poured into the TMZ newsroom for our annual Santa Snapshots Photo Contest and the results are a little gift for each and every one of you!

**CLICK HERE for contest rules and regulations!**

The Hangover Lawsuit

More Exciting Than Fake Boobs?

Louis Vuitton is suing Warner Brother over a scene in "The Hangover 2" -- a lawsuit so enthralling ... oh nevermind.

Stars Who Stole Christmas

Merry Grinchmas

1223_grinch_launch

With a flash and a flick with a magical wrist -- we've turned these fun photos into something with a Dr. Seuss twist!

So as you rest and relax all snug in your bed -- try and get these celebrity Grinch pictures out of your head!

larry tootle

i do not believe in socialism in any form .reward people for their ability to be productive -value producers not incourage them to be dependent on government entitlements for political reasons.

dave

i guess she said I WILL BE BACK

Nani

Maria, YOU are doing the right thing to take Arnold back. Look at the family; not just yourself and him but the future for the children and grandchildren. Family is the most important thing IN A MARRIAGE. Keep it in tact and make the ultimate sacrific for them FORGIVENESS...God did it for you. I love you both.

Bernadette

Good luck Maria and Arnold. Don't listen to anybody let your hearts be the judge. Think also about your children they are torn apart right now who cares if they have step brother the more the happier. I Will always pray for your family. If you need someone to talk to always call on HIM the lord he will always guide you. Don't listen to people because they will only tear you apart. Give Arnold a second chance and accept his mistake were only human being.

mary

Never discount the divorce decisions when there's children and religion involved. I'd bet on their reconciliation ...

sandy

If u love him, follow ur heart. you have to live with ur choices, no one else.

Anthony Paul Zannoni

Maria: You are right by doing it.You will never forget it...even if things will go wrong! You are a decent wonderful woman indeed!

Dean

Typical liberal and Kennedy hypocrite, because of her strong religion beliefs she does not believe in divorce. But hey she believes woman have a right to act irresponsibly, get pregnant and kill an unborn child.

GoodyBaby

Arnold is a very good man, husband and father. After all,
LOVE IS LOVLIER THE SECOUND TIME AROUND.Maria
Maria, good decision, your husband loves you and you are
making children very happy. good life to you and the entire
family. wish you all the best future with happiness.

Jene

You cannot give anyone - self respect - He has not only disrespected Maria by taking another woman to her bed he also had a child with that woman and lived a LIE - with that woman and her child right under Maria's nose! Stupid Is As Stupid Does!

zhenyasolzhenitsn

I think Scharzenegger is one o those men who really does love his wife, but he has an (uneutered) doggish side. People do settle down with age. He is no spring chicken. I hope they are able to patch things up after Mr. Dog has had a chance to suffer a bit.

Al Noll

Hard to believe her position when he is known as a w---master and has been for a long time. She should ship him back across the Atlantisc.

Caroline

She needs to be strong for her kids ....my dad is the same way and my parents have been married for 45 years and my mom did not leave him because of religion but I have known sence I was 10 and it has effected me till today ,its a form of control she feels alone and needs the confort he gives, but I would bet he is as mean as a snake because he takes out his mistakes on her.....Dont go back please do it for your children and the women who look up to you be strong life get easier with time.

Sonja Moody

Hello,
I'm Sonja. It not surprised Maria has doubts about leaving her Husband. If Maria were my Friend, I would advise her to stay with her Husband. Forgive him. Arnold strayed, but he Loves Maria.
Sonja

teltech543

Don't do it Maria. Don't be one of those women who keep going back to a man who does not deserve her. You are better than that.