Maria Shriver

Second Thoughts About Divorcing Arnold

12/27/2011 1:39 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1223_maria_shriver_arnold_getty_EX1
Maria Shriver
is telling friends she's now unsure if she wants to divorce Arnold Schwarzenegger ... TMZ has learned.

We're told Maria is torn, partly because of her strong religious beliefs that do not include divorce.

Making matters even more complicated -- we're told Arnold still desperately wants Maria back, and has been "extremely sweet" to her and has made numerous gestures -- which include presents -- to win Maria back.

Maria filed for divorce on July 1, though she moved out months earlier.  She's already bought a mansion in Brentwood, CA, which she's in the process of renovating.

0809_arnold_maria_footer

Katy Perry

Ho, Ho, HOT!

Katy Perry bikini pictures
Katy Perry spent her Xmas Day frolicking around in the ocean off the beaches of Hawaii with some friends ... but without hubby Russell Brand.

The fact that her bikini top stayed on is a Christmas miracle!

Joanna in "Love Actually"

'MEMBA HER?!

1222_memba_love_actually_launchOlivia Olson is best known for playing Joanna Anderson -- the girl who sings "All I Want For Christmas Is You" -- at the end of the 2003 holiday film "Love Actually." Guess what she looks like now!

Sinead O'Connor Ends Marriage

AFTER 16 DAYS

1227_welcome_marriages_launch
Sinead O'Connor abruptly ended her marriage to her fourth husband Barry Herridge ... after just 16 days.

The couple wed on December 8 -- the Irish singer's 45th birthday.

The news was announced on Sinead's website. "He is a wonderful man. I love him very much. I'm sorry I'm not a more regular woman," she posted. "I truly believe though it is painful to admit, we made a mistake rushing into getting married, for altruistic reasons, and weren't aware or prepared for the consequences on my husband's life and the lives of those close to him. He has been terribly unhappy and I have therefore ended the marriage. I think he is too nice to do so. And too nice to trap."

TMZ's Annual

Santa Snapshots Photo Contest

HAPPY HOLIDAZE!

1223_santa_snapshots_contest_launchThe funny photos poured into the TMZ newsroom for our annual Santa Snapshots Photo Contest and the results are a little gift for each and every one of you!

**CLICK HERE for contest rules and regulations!**

The Hangover Lawsuit

More Exciting Than Fake Boobs?

Louis Vuitton is suing Warner Brother over a scene in "The Hangover 2" -- a lawsuit so enthralling ... oh nevermind.

Stars Who Stole Christmas

Merry Grinchmas

1223_grinch_launch

With a flash and a flick with a magical wrist -- we've turned these fun photos into something with a Dr. Seuss twist!

So as you rest and relax all snug in your bed -- try and get these celebrity Grinch pictures out of your head!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

bluqe

Good for Maria und Arnold. I don;t really know how much of a slug he was, but her giving him another shot at doing the right thing can not be a bad thing for the family. Good luck to them all.

GetReal

Good move, you two are two peas in a pod. Besides, this way you can torture him like he tortured California.

Annetta

Oh my..well, if Maria & Arnold do get back together, he's going to really (really!)have to walk a fine line, and I think he knows it! But thing of it is..can he?

Joe

I hope Maria does take Arnold back. She should be used to scalawags since the male members of the Kennedy clan all had an eye for the women going back to Grandpa Joe & the Gloria Swanson affair. Its been a never ending parade of Kennedy dalliances ever since, so why should Arnold be dumped?

Linda

Don't do it Maria. Men will say and do anything to get back what they lost. Once they get it back, they don't change.

shelly

A leopard doesn't change his spots. And it's not true that the Catholic Church does not believe in divorce. You can get divorced: You just can't remarry in the church unless you have the first marriage declared null ( "Annulment" ) Been there, done that.

gc

I hope they get back together. Forgiveness is the right thing to do and I really believe they love each other very much.

Richard

Maria, have you ever heard of a leopard changing his spots? It doesn't happen.

Barbara

Maria needs to read the Bible and what it says the grounds for divorce is..It's NOT what the Pope says, and she needs to study the scriptures instead of that Catholic religion. The ONLY reason for divorce is ADULTRY.. according to the scriptures. She certainly has grounds bibically.. but if she doesn't want to divorce him for other reasons, and can forgive him.. then good for her.

Robert stone

It's only twice. The third time is a charm.
All kidding aside, to the Hollywood crowd marriage is not sacred. Good luck.

Candy Lucas

Maria, do not let the world dictate your relationship with your husband. If you can forgive him, that is all that matters. It is your marriage and not anyone elses. Let God lead you. You and Arnold are in my prayers.

Mary

I hope Maria and Arnold will get back together!!!!

Ave Joe

DON'T DO It, ARNOLD!
She will have the upper hand On you forever!

You area Free Man and can have any woman you set your Mind to have..Why Settle for Her? There was a Reason your Cheated on her, didn't you forget that? She will not Change..

MICHELLE

(((((((YES))))) best news I have ever heard a celebrity make! Divorce breaks hearts all around. Then you think about it for years - Why did I do it??? Should I have done it??? Do I really want to be alone?-there are all kinds of WORSE partners out there Maria. You are suppose to forgive in a marriage and work it out. It will be a tough road ahead but REALLY WORK ON IT! As women get older-sex gets far and few in between...work on that so they don't stray. Make sure you are with him and make no excuses not to be with him. This will be a different relationship that you BOTH will have to work harder on. Have a meeting each weeks to discuss your pro's and con's on how things are working weather they need to be improved or if someone needs to pull back and slow down. MAKE IT WORK GIRL! and U2 Arnold! I think as we get older we get more settled at how it is....instead of what it should be:)

Scott

Maria would be an idiot to take this man back. If she does, she deserves exactly what she would get. Have some pride Maria. You don't need him!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments