Steven Tyler

Ok, Ok, I'm Engaged

1/2/2012 4:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0102_steven_tyler_getty_reg
The official word has finally come from Steven Tyler's famous giant lips -- even though we told you this last week  ... he's engaged!

The giant rock girlfriend Erin Brady has been sporting lately is indeed an engagement ring -- and a worn-down rep for the "American Idol" judge confirms our story of 12/27 ... Tyler did indeed pop the question.

The whole situation has not sat well with Tyler's family. Sources close to Tyler have told us they are peeved they only got wind on the engagement AFTER he proposed.

The couple has been together since 2006.

1227_steven_tyler_ring_footer

ray

his kids are "peeved" because they're afraid that the new woman will be getting his money. it is ALL about the money.

peoplearesilly

Definitely all about money grubbing family members. The guy is entitled to get engaged. Pathetic family members.

static

If I were a mega-rich rockstar like him I think I could do a lot better.

Areader

My sources tell me Steven kids like Erin!

YouDontSay

She is pretty and hope she will be happy

Penelope

since when does a 63 year old grandfather have to have the "blessing" of his "family" to get engaged to a lady who has been his constant companion since 2006? Weirdest story of the New Year. You would think he was 18 years old and his parents are pissed that he is getting married. I didn't ask my families permission when I got engaged at 48 years old. Who in the family? One of his 4 grown children?

Jake

Ok, ok, Who cares?

awards

Dude smells like a lady...!

rachelhope26@yahoo.com

On the Oprah special, taped in 2011, they said they have been dating 7 years. So that would be more like 2004...

#itcouldbeworse

she looks like a dude! thin lips, square jaw, tranny?

#itcouldbeworse

SHE LOOKS LIKE A DUDE!

Physical Graffiti

Why does the family have to know first? Do they tell him about everything they do before they do it? He doesn't have to tell them anything! If he wants to marry without a prenup, that's his business! It's all about the $$$$.

kar

He is a grown man that's been married several times. His family knows they have been together for a long time so why would he let them know first? It's his decision their opinions do not matter. His kid's are grown and I am sure they did not run by him who they were dating or who their married to. This sounds like nonsense.

firebaby

man, it must suck to have a stepmom the same age as you...

aquanet

Oh there will be a pre-nup for sure. She's had a musician chasing rep before he even met her. He doesn't make the best life choices, even at 63, but you can bet he will protect his money and his kids.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments