Selena Gomez

FINALLY Gets Protection

from Delusional Stalker

1/6/2012 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Selena Gomez no makeup

Selena Gomez
has FINALLY snagged long-term protection from a delusional man who says he's spoken with God about killing the actress.

Gomez got a 3-year restraining order against Thomas Brodnicki this AM ... after a judge agreed Brodnicki posed a serious danger to her safety.

The Disney star was NOT present in the L.A. Courtroom when the order was handed down ... nor was Brodnicki.

As we previously reported, the judge had previously refused to enter the long-term order because Brodnicki had not been present to tell his side of the story.  But this time, Selena's lawyer submitted a declaration from Brodnicki himself in which he admitted "a restraining order should be issued against me to prevent me from trying to contact Selena."

He added, "I know it is the only thing that will make me stay away from Selena."

Ask, and ye shall receive.

lol what a creeper, but some1's gotta do it

Ace

He seemed like such a nice guy in that video.

buzz kill

Restraining orders are a worthless piece of paper, especially when dealing with a nutjob. Hope she has some serious protection. Don't call 911, get a .357

Lady Kaya

Hey, that's in Lincoln Heights, right by my house. Hope that creep doesn't live there.

Leslie

Doubt he wrote that statement and a restraining order would not "keep him away". They are such a waste of time, if people want to get to you, with or without one, they will.

jeff

tmz is all about reality nobody's now. So I wanna see that Strodden chick who married the dude from "lost". I love everything you guys have shown about her. I'm not the jealous type, but dude(husband)....I'M JEALOUS!!!

Bitch

This no talent, puffy faced lil ho is f&$k!ng Justin Bieber for fame will use anything to get her name out there. The little spicklet is always attempting to act so innocent and good....Oh my big scary fans love me so much I have to get protection..oh no. Acts pure as the driven snow...please..I can't wait until some dirt on her leaks out!!! Probably been screwing all her Disney producers etc since she was 9 because she is untalented, ugly and funny shaped.

Wicksbrun

Perhaps the judge conceded because of a celebrity making an on-air statement to the judge that he's up for election soon and that something of this magnitude could affect his chances of having another term if he didn't do the right thing.

A Real Lawyer

I still say she's only relevant because she's dating Bieber. They break up we'll be saying "Selena, who?"

Wicksbrun

Further to my post earlier, here's who made an on-air statement to the judge who wouldn't grant a restraining order to protect Selena Gomez from her stalker.

w

What about protecting her from that creep standing behind her. I mean look at him.

Fitzie

Wasn't it a psycho stalker who killed John Lennon (Mark David Chapman)? They need to take this threat very seriously. He's probably a schizo, which sadly means, he's capable of anything, particularly if "God told him to"!! I hope she stays safe.

Jay W.

Thomas Brodnicki delusional ? ... indeed. What a twit.

Phreaky

So if someone is DETERMINED to kill someone, why on Earth would a retraining order stop them? Wouldn't they think "hey, I'm kinda going to be breaking the law with the whole murder itself, so not too worried about breaking this other little law on the side"???

Kari

I still say restraining orders don't stop crazies.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments