Adam Rodriguez

There's Really an App ...

for the GHETTO??

1/12/2012 12:02 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

011112_gps_still
"CSI Miami" star Adam Rodriguez is shocked about the new GPS app that shows crime rates ... in the ghetto!!  Anyone suddenly hearing Elvis in their head? (Google it)

Robbie

There's nothing racist about the word ghetto. What is racist is taking a word and assigning it to a particular group of people, especially when the origin of the word comes from an entirely different culture of people. I don't see many Jewish people up in arms about it, and that's where the word comes from.

coco

Paul Rodriguez is his father?

bf

I wi***** were embedded in Google and Bing maps.

Kathy

It's about tine that the truth be told about crime and blacks.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

No, I don't hear Elvis. I might hear Too Short, but last article, my comment, "funky, funky, ghetto" from Too Short's version of the song--you deleted it, TMZ. Because you think everything is racist.

disinter

So revealing crime facts is racist? As non racist people we are supposed to just ignore it I guess. Yeah that's been working out really well the past 20 years.

Robert

This will be the by product of new technology the police are using to dramatically reduce violent crime. The technology is essentially a real time database of crimes as they are committed including all relevant information about those crimes. Also in the database are criminals names and details about the crimes they commit. Officers on the street can instantaneously search the database to match criminals to the crimes to catch the criminals quickly. So, instead of taking days and weeks to figure out patterns it can now be done instantaneously. Net effect is violent crime goes way down fast and "gettos" turn in to areas for excellent return on investment dollars.

ray

Great idea for tourists. it is not RACIST IT IS CRIMEIST, doesn't say anything about the people who live there, just that crime happens there.

Jennyy

I don't see anything racists about it. Who wants to go into high crime areas without knowing, putting themselves in danger.Ghetto's are made up of all kinds of people. Ghetto is not just a black thing and neither is crime.

UNLEVINED HARVEY

a high crime area is not based upon race it is based on high crime.....idiots!

Kaffee

Wonder exactly how many crimes have to be committed before an area is marked as a high crime area--and how do they determine the boundaries (roads, etc.) Or is it done by an area's reputation? Be interesting to find out who decides this stuff--where do they live?

Fred Williams

I"m from Cleveland and we have plenty of WHITE GHETTO'S....

candi

I live in Houston Texas. I have been mugged at gunpoint across from a federal building and almost raped in an area that " should of had an App!" And by the way am 1/2 Irish! So am I racist by saying that I LOVE that idea!? And I have 3 children under the age of 10!!! Thank you for APPS that make difference...!!!!!

candi

I am a mother of 3 children under ther age of 10.... And I am 1/2 Irish! Am I racist for liking this App? I was mugged at gun point across fr a federal building?... They never caught the guy! And I was almost raped in a busy shopping area in Houston, TX.....also never caught they guy! So is it racist for me to LOVE an "APP Like that"

The Neko Nation

How is that app racist? It is stating facts. Crime is crime and a lot of it is in the ghetto where the savages live.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments