Kid Rock

Sorry I Was Smoking ...

But I Was Really Drunk!

1/16/2012 10:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0116_kidrock_BN_01Kid Rock says he's VERY sorry for lighting up a fat stogie at a non-smoking venue during a Travis Tritt show in Detroit on Friday ... saying he was way too hammered to know better.

Rock was in the audience at the Andiamo Celebrity Showroom in Warren, MI -- when he fired up a cigar about 15 minutes into the show.

It's not only against the law to smoke at bars in MI -- but it REALLY pissed off a 58-year-old asthmatic man who was in the audience. The man says he plans to file a report with the health dept.

Rock says he feels really bad about the situation ... saying, "My most sincere apologies to the patrons I may have offended, and a big middle finger in advance to all the haters and attorneys who will somehow try to find an easy paycheck in all this."

Rock says he had been drinking pretty heavily at the time -- and explains, "I doubt I'm the first one to ever make a bad decision while being intoxicated."

And he won't be the last.

Jack

He's right about the attorneys. The asthma guy is probably hooked up to a respirator right about now. He have to take a month off work and suffer emotional stress. Love this country.

karlew

How old is this yahoo? Sorry idiot but the drunk excuse doesn't work past 14. Grow the f*ck up and stop acting like a punk.

sean

"Mr. Rock is absolutely right. Being super drunk absolves you from all responsibility for whatever you do whilst intoxicated." -- said the worst lawyer ever.

Carl

Since a lot of people like to jump on any story about a celebrity that identifies him or her self as a liberal or democrat, I just want to mention that this redneck idiot is a proud Republican.

FreakHater

Kid, I heart you, but it's time to put away the immature excuses, you need to slow down on your drink, to go to a place where there are others trying to enjoy a "Travis Tritt" show(hehehehehe,I thought he hung it up!!) and be that *hitfaced and at your age, is it the celebrity in you that says it's ok to act like this or is it the fact that you just need an a**whoopin!! Let's grow up and slow down and keep making your awesome music and live to tell your grandchildren about it!!

Tinalouise

Time to grow up, take a bath and get your act together. I am sure his son is real proud of his father..gross gross gross.

JaundicedEye

This would be classified as a mistake. Nothing more. If that had been one of the guys from Jersey Shore not only would they have kept smoking, they would have punched out the asthmatic.

To those offended: Boo Hoo!

gutsygirl

Yeah, so what if he might have started a fire that killed hundreds, he needed a cigar.

Miss Greta

Blech! Women actually sleep with this??

.:Loki4Ever:.

Seriously?! It's KID ROCK!!! It's not a Glen Campbell concert. Give me a break. I saw him live and he was AMAZING

cindy

At least he was man enough to admit his wrong-doing. Give him a break.

GOD

His mother and father were also brother and sister.

SnowyDae

The asthmatic....smh...get over it!!!

Justine07

He needs to drop the "Kid" part of his name, stat - dude looks about 70. And @SnowyDae, nice empathy...have you ever had an asthma attack? It doesn't look fun.

Kaffee

Isn't it interesting how intoxicated people always blame breaking the rules on being drunk. Too easy. Grow up!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments