Elton John's Hubby

Issues Non-Apology

to Madonna

1/19/2012 2:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0119_elton_john_david_furnish_madonna_getty_BN
Elton John
's husband is kinda, sorta backing off his anti-Madonna campaign ... issuing a quasi-explanation for trashing the singer after the Golden Globes ... but not exactly apologizing.

David Furnish -- who called Madge "desperate" and narcissistic when she beat out Elton for Best Original Song -- went back to his Facebook page today and wrote, "Wow!  What a tempest in a teapot.  My passion for our film 'Gnomeo & Juliet' and belief in Elton's song really got my emotional juices going."

He added, "But I must say for the record that I do believe Madonna is a great artist, and that Elton and I wish her all the best for next week's premiere of the film 'W.E.'"

Suuuuuure.

It's clearly not an apology -- so, why issue the statement? Your comments ...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

pattycake

David who? He shouldnt be talking at all ..wtf does he do?

JT

Elton John and his nasty husband are just two bitter nasty old queens. What guy would pick a fight with a woman? go eat a bag a nuts..Two nasty queens...

Wendy

It just goes to show that he (and Elton because of their association) are poor sports. If my child did this I would tell them to use the words I AM SORRY... I hope they are better parents than the example they just set.

Also a reminder boys. It IS an HONOR to be nominated! You seem to have forgotten that.

RK

Madonna has worked hard for her success ‘that’ needle nosed Furnish married a gay bulldog for his 'little' success, without Elton's money nobody would give a damn about him. All his friends are Elton's... Lashing out at Madonna was very stupid of him. 'Gnomeo & Juliet'??? Again, with Elton, Furnish would be a nobody. Madonna is a somebody on her own merit.

Grow up Furnish and remember you would have nothing without Elton John...

BB in CA

I don't care for the way Elton or David acted about the award but I don't understand why ppl think it's okay to talk like it has something to do with their being homosexual, gay or bi.

StacyF

I am so sick that people are so pressured nowadays to apologize for having an opinion!

Ryan777

TMZ Staff!!!

Your probably not talking about this by Monday but if you are can someone please mention how obvious it is that these are not David's comments...it's just Elton writing this stuff word for word and then tell telling David, 'OK put it under your name though so I don't look like a bitter troll and no one will suspect I'm over compensating for that shot they got of me looking totally pissed after Madonna won."

WhiteHawk

David is right, Madonna is an evil whore. She needs to retire.

Matt Pontos

Love Madonna - glad she's back in the scene to throw a lifering to this sinking ship of posers. ( you can fill in thie blank with your own list of musicians__________) I think that some people are offended by an incredibly intelligent, strong, graceful woman.

patty

I think both David and Elton showed a lot of class with this statement..The person without class, never has had class, never will have class is Madonna! Might be talented but other than that she leaves me cold..

MARYBELL

HE'S ONLY WITH ELTON FOR HIS MONEY AND ELTON IS THE BIGGEST LESBIAN BASHER EVER...GET OVER IT SWEETY UR NOT CUTE ANYMORE...RETIRE ALREADY U OVER...MADONNA FOREVER LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!!

Matt

Some people cannot eat their pride it seems... Car Accident lawyers Palm Coast

Joseffa

This kind of things is just childish. Don't we have bigger problems than this? seo

Joseffa

Not quite apologizing? That's what I try doing to my husband all the time, not really working, though... SEO services

Stefanie

Pride is an evil thing, you know! suisee: auto louer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5